Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I'm working on the hope that Cambridge's random closing and Cranfield's random opening and general distaste for any form of practical aviation will cancel each other out and amount to one halfway decent airfield that's open most of the time :lol:

Rob P
2Donkeys liked this
johnm wrote:Wyton was top of the last last time round I seem to remember... That was when some cretin thought 6000 houses on Cambridge airport wouldn't exacerbate the traffic problems on the Newmarket Rd and A14 :roll:

Better than building the houses outside the city, which is what is now happening instead.
Rob L wrote:
AshleyFlynn23 wrote:Marshall's

Hopefully Cranfield University will allow education of punctuation.

by PeteSpencer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 20:04
Cambridge Airport was established by the Marshall family and opened in 1938. Sir Arthur Marshall was Chairman of 'his' airport from 1942 till he retired in the late 80s and oversaw not only its development but the establishment of massive car franchises of Marshall's Garages in Cambridge and the Aerospace Business which gave me a temporary summer job as a 16 year old school kid in 1961 creating conversion packs for Canberras.

Cambridge Airport has been known locally as Marshall's for over 80 years.

Punctuation looks OK to me.

c.f. Sainsbury’s

Peter :wink:
AshleyFlynn23 liked this
CloudHound wrote:Moving in 2030. That's 9 years away.

Time for two more pandemics, a War, and lingering debt fuelled depression.

Indeed funny but ever so true! :)
I'll be 45 by then!

I honestly thought Wyton was the one Marshall would have opted for.
The smart money was on Mildenhall, but Trump has jinxed that for now.

Rob P
PeteSpencer wrote:You only have to observe the Quy exit on the A14 (by Marshalls) at 8.30 in the morning to see the traffic snaking off the A14 and crawling along the Newmarket road, right into town.

Which it wouldn't have to do if the houses had been built on Newmarket Road in the first place (the retail barns should have been in what turned into Arbury Camp aka Arbury Park aka Orchard Park).
Gertie wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:You only have to observe the Quy exit on the A14 (by Marshalls) at 8.30 in the morning to see the traffic snaking off the A14 and crawling along the Newmarket road, right into town.

Which it wouldn't have to do if the houses had been built on Newmarket Road in the first place (the retail barns should have been in what turned into Arbury Camp aka Arbury Park aka Orchard Park).

I suspect very few of those drivers would have bought a house on the Newmarket Rd......