Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ls8pilot
Interesting they are covering more than just ADSB

" The main equipment able to be used on an aircraft for EC purposes currently available (and that a refund can be claimed against) includes:

ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S ES Enabled).
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S ES)
Certified GNSS source for Mode S ES transponders (Including a GNSS position sources in line with the recently published AIC2019Y141, example being Trig TN72)
Power Flarm
Pilot Aware Rosetta
Sky Echo 2

We will consider requests from device manufacturers for alternative or newly developed equipment to be added on a case by case basis. "
By rf3flyer
Get up to £250 rebate on EC devices
Fixed that for you.

OK, most purchases will push the rebate to the max but not all will.
Frankly, since they are on the push with this, probably in the name of flight safety, I reckon that on top of that they should have pressured IR to make it VAT free too.
I know, I know, I expect too much.
@G-BLEW why would I spend money fitting it to fly with it switched off? :?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Seriously I think where it will fall over is the confusion over the various options and owners being unsure which option to go for.
By xtophe
Miscellaneous wrote:@G-BLEW why would I spend money fitting it to fly with it switched off? :?

ATSU are not using ADS-B for controlling. Is it used for CAIT and MOR filing (except at a few AFIS aerodrome) ?
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flying_john wrote:I wonder if it will pay for the (official) Funke upgrade for ADSB out ?

It'd pay for less than a third of it (in my incarnation, anyway) and that doesn't include installation.

I'm not entirely convinced, given confusing public information including statements from funke, that even then it would be fully featured.
Smaragd liked this
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dave W wrote:
Flying_john wrote:I wonder if it will pay for the (official) Funke upgrade for ADSB out ?

It'd pay for less than a third of it (in my incarnation, anyway) and that doesn't include installation.

I'm not entirely convinced, given confusing public information including statements from funke, that even then it would be fully featured.

I don't know how old yours is, but Funke has confirmed that my TRT800 HW 3.0, MOD 11 and SW 5.2, built in 2008, cannot be upgraded to fully featured ADS-B Out.