Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
User avatar
By SteveC
#1795799
I will do a CRI course in 5 days. You have the 25hrs teaching and learning requirements plus the technical learning objectives of 5hrs and 3hrs flying. We mix the theory and flying over 4 days and then test on the 5th.
User avatar
By WelshRichy
#1799748
Sorry to raise this thread again but if @Genghis the Engineer is still looking, I have managed to book myself in for an FIC at Tatenhill (Central Flight Training) commencing May in three blocks of two weeks. A little outside of the area you have been looking at but thought I should give you a heads up in case you are interested in widening the net. They seem to have availability next year (at the moment!).
jaycee58 liked this
User avatar
By WelshRichy
#1799756
Bathman wrote:CFT are class. You won't regret it.


Thank you for this, really good to hear! All the feedback I hear about CFT seems very positive and all three instructors have been very helpful to me in my enquiries. I also know someone from my CPL theory course (brush-up weekend) who has just passed his FIC at CFT and have been discussing back and forth. :D
#1799778
WelshRichy wrote:Sorry to raise this thread again but if @Genghis the Engineer is still looking, I have managed to book myself in for an FIC at Tatenhill (Central Flight Training) commencing May in three blocks of two weeks. A little outside of the area you have been looking at but thought I should give you a heads up in case you are interested in widening the net. They seem to have availability next year (at the moment!).


Thanks. I do seem to have sorted things out with the nice folks at White Waltham, and am just discussing a few of the details before we put it in the diary at the moment.

G
WelshRichy liked this
By IMCR
#1802499
SteveC wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:SteveC,

ATPL/MCL students bit thin on the ground?

G-JWTP


No we are pretty well booked considering the current climate. I just like running FI/CRI/IRI courses. :D

God knows how anyone can do an FI course in 2 weeks though. There is 120hrs of theory plus the flying to do. Its a 4 week course and anyone thinking otherwise is deluded or being ripped off........


Why on earth you would want to do a course in Spain at the moment is beyond me.
By IMCR
#1802689
He, he, and I would normally agree, but of course not the point I was making. Rather, why would anyone wish to fly to Spain, become a short term resident, and then doubtless have issues getting back into circulation in the UK, all when you could perfectly well do the same in the UK (weather aside) and put some money into the coffers of the UK economy and GA industry. It just escapes me, but each to their own I suppose.
User avatar
By SteveC
#1803013
IMCR wrote:He, he, and I would normally agree, but of course not the point I was making. Rather, why would anyone wish to fly to Spain, become a short term resident, and then doubtless have issues getting back into circulation in the UK, all when you could perfectly well do the same in the UK (weather aside) and put some money into the coffers of the UK economy and GA industry. It just escapes me, but each to their own I suppose.


Erm..... because we are a U.K. company?

We also get the weather and can do a course in a month. Plus who wants to sit around in the shambles the U.K. is at the moment?
By IMCR
#1803022
True, true, but all non essential travel to Spain is still meant to be out of the question, isnt it? Two weeks quarantine on return also takes the gloss off doing the course in a month I suspect for many, unless of course your students are claiming it is in the course of their work which would seem dubious. In better times undoubtedly a good option.
User avatar
By defcribed
#1803081
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Thanks. I do seem to have sorted things out with the nice folks at White Waltham, and am just discussing a few of the details before we put it in the diary at the moment.
G


Is that through WLAC, or the commercial training outfit in the hangar? I didn't know WLAC offered it?
User avatar
By defcribed
#1803082
WelshRichy wrote:...I have managed to book myself in for an FIC at Tatenhill (Central Flight Training) commencing May in three blocks of two weeks.


Is that 3 x 2 full working weeks, i.e. six weeks full time = 30 days? I suspect I must be mis-reading or mis-understanding....