Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
Flying_john wrote:Are councils allowed.. Especially if they are spending taxpayers money to support their viewpoint.

There must be a government department that oversees the impartiality of a local authority.

There was a body charged with investigating apparent 'misconduct' by Councillors or LA officials. It could disqualify either from their own and future offices. It was abolished as an 'unnecessary quango' by an incoming government. Now, there has to be a credible allegation of criminality (eg, fraud) before investigation (by Police, who have other things to do) and prosecution (if it meets CPS thresholds) can take place :?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audit_Com ... ed_Kingdom)
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Quite a few nutters. The one calling himself Harold Shipman should really get a debriefing with baseball bat.
By matthew_w100
I told my mother about the situation. She was incensed. She has written this:

"My son flies regularly from Redhill Airfield.

The work requested by the council will have no effect whatsoever on the usage levels nor visual impact of the airfield. It is actually an instruction to deliberately damage the taxiway as it now is, thereby rendering it more challenging and dangerous to use. If my son has a consequential accident I can assure the council I will be coming for it with every lawyer I can muster."

I love my Mum!
JonathanB, Sir Morley Steven, kanga and 15 others liked this
By oldbiggincfi
matthew_w100 wrote:I love my Mum!

Got to be about my age :bounce:

Seriously , If it is dug up , what is going to happen to the old tarmac ?

As a suggestion , use it for hard core for a new Runway .
By neilmurg
3 more objections, 1 'danger to Primary school' (puppy farm not available), 1 greenbelt (untrue), 1 increase in traffic (untrue)
I'd like anyone that has ever used or might use Redhill to support the motion, please