Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Miscellaneous
lobstaboy wrote:Isn't that lovely?!

It's also a good advert in that it mentions a couple of features to avoid wasting folks time (hand swing and 6' pilot).

It is lovely. :thumright: I also agree it will avoid wasting folks time, but would suggest the primary purpose of mentioning those points was to avoid wasting the vendor's time, with avoiding prospective buyers time being a welcome consequence. :wink:
By Mike Charlie
A current ad caught my eye..

2003 Robin Regent DR400.

Lycoming O-360 A1P - 180 PS
Prop Sensenich 76 EM
TTSN 630 hours Airframe and Engine (averaged 37 hours use per annum over 17 years)
Comprehensive engine overhaul at 541 hours

An engine requiring an overhaul after 89 hours use from new. strikes me as odd.....?
Is it through lack of use, or has it been shock loaded...?

Caveat emptor I think
By Rob P
I read that as "at 541 hours" not 541 hours ago.

Still a very early overhaul so an incident of some kind is possible, or as you suggest an engine that didn't take low usage kindly.

Rob P
JAFO liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Could it not be the 10/12 years thing?
Thats about 50 hours a year if it was at 541hrs.
By JodelDavo
Or you could have a 45 year old, ex Flying Club C150 (Have flown it!) with 12000 hrs on it for £30k...

Any aeroplane will cost what the prospective buyer wants to pay. If it's overpriced, then it won't sell, unless a muppet who hasn't done his homework comes along cash in hand.

The Bonsall Mustang is a case in point. Still on PlaneCheck despite being priced at over £100k, an LAA single seat, one off type, O-540 engine, CS prop etc etc. The price hasn't really moved if at all.. Hardly a looker

Or if you had that much wonga burning a hole in your pocket, you could search for a good RV-8 with all of that and more.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JodelDavo wrote:The Bonsall Mustang is a case in point. Still on PlaneCheck despite being priced at over £100k, an LAA single seat, one off type, O-540 engine, CS prop etc etc. The price hasn't really moved if at all.. Hardly a looker.

"Yes dear, I'm *trying* to sell it. I haven't had any enquiries yet."

or

"I'll just leave it out there and if someone's game enough to pay it, happy days. If not, I'll just keep flying it."
By Trent772
Excellent RV8 on Afors, superbly built by a pair of fine Northern chaps........ Finished down south to a high standard :pirat: 8)