Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JAFO
I'm not suggesting for one second that the seller here is in any way a timewaster but it's described as a "Mustang Replica" but looks, to my untutored eye, more like the box a Mustang replica might come in.

https://afors.com/aircraftView/50117

Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely, I'd have it in the JAFO post-lottery win hangar without a second's thought but I'd repaint it first and would remove any reference to the Mustang it most certainly is not.
By JodelDavo
It’s got invasion stripes, it must be a genuine warbird!!!

£100k+ probably means that’s why it’s still unsold. It’s been on there for at least 2 years. Sounds a very expensive way to fly on your own and convert Avgas to noise...

At least most real Mustangs nowadays have a second seat.
eltonioni liked this
By ak7274
Sky Echo 2 for sale at £380.
Advertised on 12th Oct. Wonder if he bought it with the rebate on mind and is selling to make a few quid?
Maybe looking for a schmuck who doesn't know about the rebate?
Rob P liked this
By JAFO
Now, this advert was not on AFORS but I thought I'd ask, does anyone really know what this means?

1/5th Non-equity Share Available

I am assuming that there are 4 other pilots being offered the same deal but a 1/5th Non-equity Share?
Jonzarno liked this
By Rob P
JAFO wrote:...to my untutored eye, more like the box a Mustang replica might come in.

I'd have it in the JAFO post-lottery win hangar without a second's thought

Seriously? Would you?

Alleged 300 hp and a climb rate of 1,300 ft/min. There isn't a 180 hp Van's in the country that couldn't outclimb that.

Flown less than 7 hours a year since 2011? Why, If I had an aircraft that was a joy to fly I'd put a lot more than 7 hours a year on it. (Oh ... I do)

Load limits: +6.5/-4 (awaiting certification)

It's taken nine years to be certified at quite modest level and still hasn't? How much longer

£95,000 reduced price. :shock:

£50,000 max and then I'd sell the genuine Spitfire canopy to recoup some of the money

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mick w, JAFO, TheFarmer and 1 others liked this
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:...£95,000 reduced price. :shock:

£50,000 max and then I'd sell the genuine Spitfire canopy to recoup some of the money
Rob P

I would value it at half the value of the engine, considering:
1. It hardly ever flies, so the engine needs a serious looking at in terms of corrosion and lack of use.
2. It doesn't even half look like a Mustang
3. It's as ugly as sin (I've seen it).
4. Take the engine out, put in something else, and scrap what is essentially someone's one-off homebuilt effigy to their ego.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Rob
Barcli liked this
By Bill McCarthy
Can we acknowledge then, that the seller could well be the “time waster” - with an overpriced aircraft, or a prospective buyer not wanting to infuriate him because what is on offer is a pile of junk.
By Rob L
Bill McCarthy wrote:Can we acknowledge then, that the seller could well be the “time waster” - with an overpriced aircraft, or a prospective buyer not wanting to infuriate him because what is on offer is a pile of junk.

Bill: there are "sellers" who advertise on various sites, just to prove to other halves that their aircraft is "for sale" (not just Afors). :roll:
By romille
The adverts that make me smile are those that state what something would cost new, then suggest there is a saving to be made by purchasing their old, used, second hand item. There also seems to be those that state a price followed by "No offers", they then probably wonder why the phone isn't ringing.
By rf3flyer
romille wrote:... state a price followed by "No offers", they then probably wonder why the phone isn't ringing.
Momentary thread drift, but near where I last worked was a second car place. In the windscreen of all the cars for sale was a notice along the lines of 'to avoid offence please do not offer less than the asking price."
Idiots! :roll:
Tread drift 'OFF'.
By Miscellaneous
Personally I don't see a problem with including no offers in the ad. If something is priced sensibly at the lowest price you will sell at, why not? :?

Some people don't like to haggle and therefore price at market value, fair play to them. Those with unrealistic ideas and inflated prices who want to sell will come around. The latter group should no influence the former. I also think it is used as a tactic to put off those inevitable 50% offers. :wink:

I've certainly sold items which had I not achieved the minimum price, I would have kept.

Equally if an item is attractive enough to me I am not going to be influenced by a no offers comment in the ad.
2Donkeys liked this