Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
is taking place above my head as I type, the weather isn't great it's fairly humid and hazy but the cloud base is pretty high in fact and no CBs in sight as yet........
By JonathanB
I have been bought a Wing Walking experience for my birthday, but this wasn’t me! (Not booked in yet)
johnm liked this
By johnm
You are a braver man than I am :shock: This was a stearman out of Rendcomb near Cirencester
By JAFO
I'd love to give wingwalking a go but I think they'd need an AN-2 rather than a Stearman to lift me.
By allout
Gave one of those Rencdomb ones as a present to my sister.
She loved it.
According to my brother-in-law, in her eyes I had skygod status for months afterwards.
By JonathanB
Yup, will be with Aerosuperbatics at Rendcomb.
By johnm
JonathanB wrote:Yup, will be with Aerosuperbatics at Rendcomb.

Just up the road :-)
By JonathanB
Dunno what you’re talking about... :whistle:
By T6Harvard
JonathanB wrote:Eeep, I'm booked in for Friday 2nd July at 13:30! :shock:

I considered doing this for charity BUT, I thought it might give me vertigo and put me off flying. I'd LOVE to fly seated in a Stearman though!! * Sidles off to look for Stearman experience flights *
By Hooligan
Recall a one-legged man (a unidexter!) riding atop the Tiger Club's Tiger Moth G-ACDC at a Redhill show - apparently there was a weight limit so only ladies and blokes of small stature (I think Lewis Benjamin who pioneered SOW on the Tiger is quite a slight chap), but this guy met the limit. That said, I once saw Eddie the Eagle atop another Tiger, maybe one of their Super Tigers.

Not something I have any appetite for. I like a solid structure all around me, though happy in an open cockpit...
By JodelDavo
Hooligan wrote:Recall a one-legged man (a unidexter!) riding atop the Tiger Club's Tiger Moth G-ACDC at a Redhill show - apparently there was a weight limit so only ladies and blokes of small stature (I think Lewis Benjamin who pioneered SOW on the Tiger is quite a slight chap), but this guy met the limit. That said, I once saw Eddie the Eagle atop another Tiger, maybe one of their Super Tigers...

The late Tony Calvey, a super guy and ex-motorcycle racer. He owned a Stampe SV4 and I flew with him on several occasions just before he passed away.

His party piece was walking around with his false leg on backwards. And racing a high power motorcycle & sidecar around the peri track at Redhill before it became all sensible there. Great character. :thumleft:
Hooligan liked this
By BobM
T6Harvard wrote:
JonathanB wrote:Eeep, I'm booked in for Friday 2nd July at 13:30! :shock:

I considered doing this for charity BUT, I thought it might give me vertigo and put me off flying. I'd LOVE to fly seated in a Stearman though!! * Sidles off to look for Stearman experience flights *

Once the one I fly at Little Gransden gets its annual I may be able to help.. ( probably July some time ) If you need references I can provide them!

Cheers

Bob