Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
The post posted by Rob with the picture of us all in that restaurant was one of the best nights in my life.
The restaurant was being shut down by the excessive taxation system . When the doors closed as we walked out after midnight and the board was put on the door " Fini "
I will never forget that night , I had booked the restaurant solid for my family and close friends . Up until that night I had not really known Richard or Nick but by the end of the night and we all staggered out I knew that I had made two lifetime friends .
I feel cheated to lose one of them now ….
Rob P, ChampChump, Ridders and 2 others liked this
Well said Hatz

I genuinely haven't a clue how I got back to the Ibis. I suspect I rolled down the hill.

Elsewhere Richie has posted a video of the missing man tribute today. I found it hugely moving.

Rob P
ChampChump liked this
I felt like a day out.... Headcorn has a good reputation, so I went there. A true gent called Paul, who was an old friend of a chap called Richard called me a day or so previously and said he fancied a day out at Headcorn...

Well,

Whizzed down at 5k, dropped down and with trepidation - called Sarfend ! Cleared direct Headcorn, 2500' What a nice man. Massive heads up to Sarfend - well done and a super service :thumleft:

Guess what - when I got to Headcorn, there were some people who also thought they would visit, real coincidence.

Right - cut the carp...

We had a right good day, Nic was stoic, the folks from Maypole were supporting, we couldn't stay long as even in the fast jet 7, we were nearly 3 hours end to end, especially as our base is so toxic, I fuel elsewhere now - Breighton.

Good to nod and wink at a few, drivel cake was awesome, as were the sausage rolls.

Paul flies a Renegade, so I think the RV7 was a little mind blowing, however between Breighton and Sherburn, we did some general handling, he had fun and then said - can we do some aeros ?

Well.... What can I say ?

Gentleman's aeros ensued.

A grand day out and back home for a stiff G & T, a slightly moist eyed chat with Nic and a grand day out.

Richard - you were a Leg End........ :mrgreen:
JodelDavo, Dave W, Rob P and 4 others liked this
Trent772 It was nice to say hello to you especially as we're VANS owners and have a Sherburn connexion, notwithstanding dear Richard.

Who is your forecaster? I left CloudHound tucked up so dire was the forecast. :(

Do you have link to the MM video?

Just rereading Nic's words in the handout I realise there's a vacancy, so I'm volunteering to be her wingman. :thumright:
ChampChump liked this
CloudHound wrote:

Do you have link to the MM video?

Richie's Instagram account is rpiper16, I think you'll have to follow him to view.

Dave W made a valiant attempt to get his phone into action but I think he failed.

Rob P
JodelDavo, ChampChump liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:Thanks Rob, I don't do Instsa unfortunately.

I resurrected an old instagram account I haven't used to 10? years but rpiper16 is a private account so I'm dependent on Richie's good offices to 'let me in' :wink:

Sadly couldn't make yesterday due to longstanding prior engagement involving several others, but it looked like Richard got memorable 'send-off'

Peter :)
ChampChump liked this
By ChampChump
Not quite 'nuff said. Without Ridders and two or three others not on this forum none of this could have happened as well as it did.

I have met many lovely people I'd not have met were it not for Richard, enjoyed a world the door to which was only slightly ajar at first and had the happiest years of my life. That's what he did, just for me. Go copy, I tell myself and others (because I nag).
ak7274, Dave W, jollyrog and 20 others liked this
By ChampChump
That was the first wave...

Happily, at close of play, there was little left from the groaning board.

A huge thank you to those who came and for all the thoughts of those who couldn't. It meant a great deal to have such affirmation of his fanbase. :D
JodelDavo, Rob P, PeteSpencer and 7 others liked this
By Dave W