Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Phew. They build 'em tough in Philly!

A large laundry bill - except the nearest washing machine is not working, for some unaccountable reason. Perhaps the power is out?
scd975, G-JWTP, Bob Bevan and 5 others liked this
ArthurG wrote:I can imagine the shouting superior officer ripping the pilot to shreds. Glad the crew were okay.

Happily, the current U.K. military aviation service investigation process and just culture is a million miles away from that kind of ethos.
kanga, ArthurG liked this
MattL wrote:
ArthurG wrote:I can imagine the shouting superior officer ripping the pilot to shreds. Glad the crew were okay.

Happily, the current U.K. military aviation service investigation process and just culture is a million miles away from that kind of ethos.

Glad to be corrected on that. The CAA might be able to learn from this approach. :lol:
flybymike, Stu B liked this
Boxkite wrote:Do we know yet if an emergency occurred before the cable snarl -up? He could have been going for an emergency landing and trying to reach a particular field as he ran in to the cables.

Good point. I don't think it was a "snarl-up" though, more of a fzzzzt-twang by the looks of it.