Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
If the subject of the CAP was explained, we could save even more.

I have no idea if this has any relevance to me without clicking through and reading in detail.
Kemble Pitts liked this
Dave W wrote:If the subject of the CAP was explained, we could save even more.

I have no idea if this has any relevance to me without clicking through and reading in detail.

I clicked through and read it. I concluded it wasn't relevant to me because I didn't understand it. Is that going to be ok?
flybymike, patowalker liked this
Required Navigation Performance: Its an IR thaang related to [performance based navigation (PBN) and the execution of GNSS or RNAV instrument approaches to varying degrees of accuracy.

All IR pilots now have to have a PBN sign off as part of their IR annual renewal.

Not that there are enough GNSS approaches in the UK to worry about.

OTOH Europe is heaving with them and we'll all be doing them when they bin the VORs and DMEs.

Has led to a whole new vocabulary that FISOs need to get their heads around.

Peter
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnm liked this
RNP = ‘Required Navigation Performance’.

RNAV and RNP are the two sets of performance specifications within Performance Based Navigation (PBN).

RNP APCH is the performance specification for approaches, and is the framework within which GNSS* approaches are designed.

*Such approaches shouldn’t be referred to as GNSS approaches, as the specification is technology agnostic (it just happens that GNSS is the only technology we have currently that meets the required performance for approaches). The change of nomenclature being promulgated by the CAP in question is in recognition of that.
AlanC liked this