Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By idlelayabout
Check the times, the dates, the coordinates, the position, the height and the phone number before issuing every Notam? At what point do you expect that the other two links in the chain have got it right?
By Crash one
idlelayabout wrote:Check the times, the dates, the coordinates, the position, the height and the phone number before issuing every Notam? At what point do you expect that the other two links in the chain have got it right?

I fail to see what point you are trying to make?
I originally commented that whoever got something wrong in a Notam should be held to account. Any Notam might one day be very important and need verification of some sort. A telephone number could be very important.
Why are you having a go at me? I just think that, important or not, information should be correct, otherwise, what is the point?
Do you fly? Do you read Notams? Do you act on them as required? Do you verify that they still apply? Etc.
By defcribed
XX wrote:I was nearly caught out by an inaccurate Solent NOTAM today. Saturdays states closed 11.00-19.00, make traffic calls. Worked fine westbound, everyone giving position reports, marvellous. Eastbound I expected the same, listened in a bit later than I might, but luckily safely before their Class D, only to hear Radar up and running....

There is also a clause in the Notam which says "may change".

They shut as I exited east side. Hey ho.

You need to look at both EGHI CTA NOTAMs. The one you refer to sits there the whole time, but on Saturdays a second one appears explaining what is happening on that particular Saturday.

There were two yesterday - I checked them - and as you allude to they opened for a period, sometime in the middle of the day I believe.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Does the permanent one mention that one should expect a temporary one on Saturdays?
By Marvin
Tim Dawson wrote:Does the permanent one mention that one should expect a temporary one on Saturdays?

Yes

COVID-19: INFORMATION
SOUTHAMPTON ATZ/CTR AND SOLENT CTA OPR HR
SUN-FRI 1100-1900
SAT - SEE DAILY NOTAM FOR ANY ACTIVITY
PLEASE NOTE OUTSIDE OF THESE TIMES SOUTHAMPTON ATZ/CTR AND SOLENT
CTA CAN RE-ACTIVATE AT SHORT NOTICE.
ON SATURDAYS BETWEEN 1100-1900 PILOTS ARE REQUESTED TO MAKE BLIND
CALLS ON SOLENT 120.230 AND MONITOR UNTIL CLEAR. SQUAWK MONITOR
7011 FOR SOLENT/SOUTHAMPTON IS ADVISED. IF DEPARTING FROM A SITE
INSIDE THE ATZ/CTR, TRY CALLING SOUTHAMPTON ATC ON THE LANDLINE OR
MAKE BLIND CALLS.
Tim Dawson liked this
By XX
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I touched the pink box for the Notam on SD, but didn't see anywhere to reference the further info. And the Notam I saw appeared specific about Saturdays. But it's my responsibility to check thoroughly, and thank you for the clarification.
By defcribed
When I touched the Solent CTA in SD yesterday in showed two NOTAMs. My OCD forced me to read both, even though I suspected (incorrectly) that it might be a duplicate or some sort of glitch.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
And now the same NOTAM has appeared, but with a different mobile number, that’s also missing a digit. :roll:

Basically, they don’t want any calls.

By Crash one
If that were to affect my decision making I would definitely report that to the CAA or whoever is responsible for issuing Notams. That is nothing more than taking the p**s.
Or circle over the area at 2100 ft with as many aircraft as possible.