Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
It shows how things have changed, mostly thanks to Hawker Restoration in Suffolk. Today six Hurricanes would be possible. (See also Piece of Cake)

Rob P
JAFO, T6Harvard liked this
ozplane wrote:Mind you I didn't think much of the Polish pilot's scan not picking up the 3 "Me109s" (Buchons) on their tails.

It was a trainee squadron....... :wink:

Peter
kanga liked this
By Rob P
Brilliant isn't it?

I can think back to the time when Hawker themselves had the only airworthy example; G-AMAU from memory. The Last of the Many

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Melville, T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Hmmmm... I am not impressed with butchering beautiful aeroplanes for commercial reasons, but I guess if it keeps the market for warbird spares profitable we should be grateful.

Rob P
By Dave W
PeteSpencer wrote:I can almost believe this.

From IMDB:

The scene featuring the Polish pilots first taste of combat was based on a real event: The Polish 303 "Kosciuszko" Squadron was on a training flight with their English Commander Ronald Kellett when one of his pilots, Flying Officer Ludwik Paszkiewicz, noticed a German Dornier bomber and wanted to attack. Kellett turned him down, but Paszkiewicz attacked anyway and brought the bomber down. Afterwards, he was reprimanded by Kellett in front of the squadron, but in private he was (unofficially) commended by Kellett, who also told him [that] 303 was now operational. Paszkiewicz was killed in action on September 27, 1940.
T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Ahem!

Rob P wrote:Tonight focuses on the 30th August so might well include F/O Paszkiewicz's action on that day, which was the basis for the "Repeat please" scene in the movie.

When they dug the wreck, the Dornier turned into a Bf110

Rob P