Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Jane
Norman/Andrew, Poet does exist, I found him on the flyer flyout that turned out to be a drive out. But I haven't met G-LACD yet, more's the pity.
By Dave Gittins
I've met G-LACD ... One Nigel Kenny took me to Blackpool in it a couple of years back to show me what a GPS was. He got lost on the way back, fortunately I knew my way around Wigan and Gathurst bridge and found Barton for him.

Lancs Aero Club didn't have it when I flew there. I used to drive GumBoil. Today I flew the oldest Cherokee in the known universe. G-LTFB of 1968 vintage. But it was nice out of Fairoaks to Andover, Winchester, Southampton, Portsmouth and back.. And it flies lovely.

And Poet ... it was Tony Partakis, (on 29 Dec 1998) looked in my book today.
By poetpilot
Yup, folks I do exist and it's not just any old alias. It's also the name of my company & it describes two of the things that I/the company do/does.

But a word of advice to those who don't already know - whilst aliases may seem a bit "pose-ey", they do serve a purpose, that is, to protect one from getting deluged with junk mail & unwanted stuff (ie use of hotmail as a "buffer".

Had a lovely evening trip again in LACD last night, with a mate of mine (Shaggy Sheep Driver - you have to figure that one out!) flying my G-GO down to Sleap. Curses! I forgot my camera ! She looked lovely in the sunlight going down the low level route as I overtook her. Customer feedback is that she's a great little 172. Next w/e, if all goes well, she'll join the fleet at Barton, complementing GUMBOIL.

Dave, briefly saw Tony at the w/e, he's still alive and well.
By Andrew C
Poet,

I'm intrigued...How do you build a company around Flying and Poetry? - Not two things that spring to mind - unless of course you're taking your lead from St Expury (or however you spell his name!) and writing on the wing....
By poetpilot
Ah well, that's sort of the area my project is leading to. I call it a sort of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" but in poetry.

The project (in terms of the poems) is around the 50% complete mark at the moment. The poems form a thread, a life story of the human spirit and aviation.

The idea is to couple the poems (all originals BTW) to some evocative photography, put a book together (expensive bit) distribute it (challenging bit) and Bob's yer dad's bruvver.... simple!