Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MarkOlding
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just been watching the latest episode of the Scrappy Super ++ Cub ? build by Mike Patey and he is fitting a BRS to it.
He has an interview with a guy who survived a folding wing on a Cub at 1000ft (Survived but definitely not unscathed) and it seems attitudes to a BRS are as polar in the the US as they are on this forum.

Mike's attitude is - if its available and I can fit it, then why not it gives me another option.

For the doubters its worth a watch.
avtur3, ChrisT, maxalpha and 2 others liked this
By TheKentishFledgling
shortwing wrote:Scrappy is going to be something incredible, the engineering and design is fascinating

Mike also has, IMHO as non-engineer, a tremendous skill for explaining engineering stuff in a way that's accessible and not overly technical. Sure there's a load more to things than we see, but boy does he come across as impressive.
mick w, shortwing, Hooligan and 3 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
MarkOlding wrote:Just been watching the latest episode of the Scrappy Super ++ Cub ? build by Mike Patey and he is fitting a BRS to it.
He has an interview with a guy who survived a folding wing on a Cub at 1000ft (Survived but definitely not unscathed) and it seems attitudes to a BRS are as polar in the the US as they are on this forum.

Mike's attitude is - if its available and I can fit it, then why not it gives me another option.

For the doubters its worth a watch.

What a great episode!

That's my viewing going back through the series sorted for the next few weeks.

Thanks for suggesting.

Peter
By avtur3
TheKentishFledgling wrote:
shortwing wrote:Scrappy is going to be something incredible, the engineering and design is fascinating

Mike also has, IMHO as non-engineer, a tremendous skill for explaining engineering stuff in a way that's accessible and not overly technical. Sure there's a load more to things than we see, but boy does he come across as impressive.

Mike appears to have a bottomless pit of enthusiasm along with the ability to find 25 hours in every day, what an inspiration!
TheKentishFledgling wrote:I’m intrigued about the tease in the latest video about the yet-to-be-revealed “trick” that he’s worked on with Kings who’ve made the shock absorbers. I wonder if they’re somehow adjustable from the cockpit?
He's dropped a few off the cuff comments in a few videos about being able to lock them in the up position when in flight.

The Draco series was very good but scrappy is a whole new level of detail. Its a shame he can't quite nail the audio levels but he's getting better!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk