Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
Hmmm, next Sunday I shall have to find a new home for the Virtual Stock Market :scratch:

Rob P
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Unfortunately I am not able to sit on my hands when people spout right wing stuff which is tolerated and not moderated;

And equally I note there are those that cannot sit on their hands when people spout Left wing stuff which is tolerated and not moderated :wink:

I actually think that the wide spectrum of views on the forum means that one gets to explore subjects from angles that perhaps you wouldnt usually do.

Regards, SD..
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Unfortunately I am not able to sit on my hands when people spout right wing stuff which is tolerated and not moderated...

I know there's a no politics rule and I know the right-wingers push it, but so do the left-wingers.

Are you suggesting that right-of-centre views, per se, should be subject to censorship?

The part of left wing politics I've always found most distasteful is the assertion that any right-of-centre views are not just mistaken or poorly-informed, they are somehow fundamentally invalid and in need of censure and ultimately eradication.
By TheKentishFledgling
Seriously??

What part of no politics do you guys not get??!!

defcribed wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Unfortunately I am not able to sit on my hands when people spout right wing stuff which is tolerated and not moderated...

I know there's a no politics rule and I know the right-wingers push it, but so do the left-wingers.

Are you suggesting that right-of-centre views, per se, should be subject to censorship?

The part of left wing politics I've always found most distasteful is the assertion that any right-of-centre views are not just mistaken or poorly-informed, they are somehow fundamentally invalid and in need of censure and ultimately eradication.
By johnm
Politics aren’t allowed but moral and social issues tend to generate different views some tolerant some not so tolerant.

Strongly held opinions sometimes turn out to be at variance with reality, evidence or likelihood and some of us accept that as a learning experience but others see it as akin to heresy (religion is forbidden too :-))

For the avoidance of doubt I’m not for one moment claiming innocence in any of this, I think it’s a pattern we’re all guilty of at one time or another with the possible exception of @kanga who is an example to us all.

The closing of the sub forum should be a wake up call to us all, I think most of us value the facility and would be very sorry to see it go.
By PeteSpencer
We need a no holds barred section akin to Jet Blast on the Dark Side where all the lefties, to ssers , fascists and other undesirables can go to insult and tear each other apart.

And nice people like me can just stay away

Then everyone’ s happy

Peter :wink:
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Seriously??

What part of no politics do you guys not get??!!

What part of no politics do you not get?

I know that the first post in this thread to introduce politics and contain a personal attack has been reported because when I reported it the notification said "this post has already been reported". Yet it is still there.

G-BLEW's post in non-av says
no politics, no personal attacks

If this is to be taken seriously you need to remove all posts with politics or personal attacks, irrespective of who posts them. Either enforce the rules equally on everyone or don't bother.

edit: 30 seconds later it appears the offending post has been removed. Thank-you.
By TheKentishFledgling
low&slow wrote:I know that the first post in this thread to introduce politics and contain a personal attack has been reported because when I reported it the notification said "this post has already been reported". Yet it is still there.

Sorry, we'll try and magic up some more time in the day to do the voluntary admin / moderating!

I found it genuinely astonishing (but perhaps not surprising), after the non-av forum was removed due to folk ignoring the no politics rule, people still think it OK to post political stuff on the thread explaining the non-av forum had been removed!!

I really wouldn't blame Ian for pulling the plug on the whole forum, frankly.