Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I understand there are some fairly serious issues regarding viability currently going on, with among other things, no ATC cover for the foreseeable and the gliding club remaining at Chiltern Park for the time being. NOTAMed shut.

Anyone have more info?
Lightheavyaviation liked this
By Human Factor
I’m hearing stories that allegedly the ATC contractor hasn’t been paid so the service has been permanently withdrawn and that all employees have been terminated. It would be nice if someone could refute that.

The airfield was open last week, albeit on a limited basis.
An unprecedented number of individuals and businesses in the country are having issues. None of them need negative comment that could put customers off as everyone tries to recover from the covid impact to the economy. Can we try to avoid threads like this to give everyone a sporting chance of recovery. This is a general comment and not specific to Booker (I know nothing about Booker).
Rob P, Lockhaven, bogopper and 6 others liked this
Lighten up a little. HF is just asking for information, he's not stirring. If you don't know the answer then feel free not to post in the thread. It's unfortunate that some ATC bods may be out of a job, but on the bright side another airfield downgrading to (presumably) A/G is a positive in my book.
Bobcro, Stampe liked this
By Human Factor
This is a general comment and not specific to Booker (I know nothing about Booker).

The airfield is NOTAMed shut for the next three weeks, which it was not a week ago. I'm trying to establish exactly what is going on, so if you have information you wish to share, please share it. If you don't, feel free to keep the thread on track. :wink:
By timjenner
A 172 passing over my house this afternoon was, according to that ultra reliable source Flightradar24, from "High Wycombe". Could mean anything or nothing, but the track log I glanced at didn't obviously look like one which just happened to "pop up" in the area. Perhaps available for based aircraft only and/or by some kind of exception?
By Marvin
There is a lengthy out of hours agreement for locally based pilots as well as restrictions on when flights can take place based on hangar access. No fire or ATC cover and I think fuel by arrangement.

Some based there have re-located either temporary or permanent dependant on their own volition.

I spotted two based club aircraft at Sandown this week so some flying taking place.
By Longfinal
Human Factor wrote:
This is a general comment and not specific to Booker (I know nothing about Booker).

The airfield is NOTAMed shut for the next three weeks, which it was not a week ago. I'm trying to establish exactly what is going on, so if you have information you wish to share, please share it. If you don't, feel free to keep the thread on track. :wink:

Like to declare your interest?
By TLRippon
timjenner wrote:A 172 passing over my house this afternoon was, according to that ultra reliable source Flightradar24, from "High Wycombe". Could mean anything or nothing, but the track log I glanced at didn't obviously look like one which just happened to "pop up" in the area. Perhaps available for based aircraft only and/or by some kind of exception?

Flight Radar 24 labels almost everything from White Waltham as coming from Booker.
By User72
I believe it is open for based aircraft on Thursday & Friday only - the only days there are people to pull aircraft out of the hangars. No idea on ATC, but for private flights not really required.