Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By BoeingBoy
This expands on the question a little in that I have been looking at upgrading my 430W and installing either G5's or GI275's along with an autopilot that will provide altitude hold. My legacy one is fully serviceable but of course is single axis.

I won't supply the name of the Garmin dealer providing this information but I hope it will give an indicative price for the different options.

EFIS System

1) Garmin G5 System

Remove AI, DI, vac system & vac pump including correctly blanking. Removal of the king nav indicator currently connected to the GNS430W
Install a dual Garmin G5 system with EFIS and HSI, including GMU11 magnetometer, GAD29B nav interface, Lightning Protection Module (LPM) & GAD13/GTP59 OAT system. Interface with power, pitot/static system & GNS430W or GTNXi (will display VOR & GPS information). Install backup GPS antenna for G5 system (highly recommended) Set up, function testing & certification included.

G5 EFIS kit with LPM £1845+VAT
G5 HSI kit (inc LPM, GMU11 & GAD29B) £2425+VAT
OAT upgrade kit £387+VAT
Backup GPS antenna £145+VAT
Labour £2860+VAT
Misc installation materials £300 approx

Optional Autopilot Interface (if retaining existing Century AP) - interface with G5 system to provide heading & Nav information (inc GPSS). AI relocated to place of removed nav indicator
Labour £325+VAT (Note: the vacuum system would have to remain for this, so only the DI would be removed. This interface is not required if fitting the Garmin GFC500 Autopilot)
Misc components £120 approx

2) Garmin GI275 System

Removal of AI, DI & vac system (inc correctly blanking). Removal of indicator from GNS430W.
Installation of dual GI275 ADI with MFD(backup ADI) including GMU11 magnetometer, GTP59 OAT probe, backup GPS antennas (two required), backup batteries (both units), reversionary switch and GSB15 USB power supply/data port. Interface with pitot/static system, power, GNS/GTN. Set up, function testing & certification included (EASA STC pending).
GI275 ADAHRS Kit (inc backup battery & install kit) with GMU11 £3225 +VAT
GI275 ADAHRS Kit (inc backup battery & install kit) £2995 +VAT
GTP59 OAT probe £349 +VAT
GSB15 USB £190 +VAT
GSB15 mount plate (for fit standard instrument hole) £36+VAT
Back up GPS aerials £290 (for both) +VAT
Misc installation materials £400 approx
Labour £4030 +VAT

Optional Autopilot Interfaces:
To interface with the existing Century II AP, one GI275s will need to be the ADAHRS+AP version (which has third party AP support) (additional £695+VAT), labour £325+VAT, Misc components £180 approx. The GI275 will emulate the attitude allowing removal of the vacuum AI.
Note: Depending on the exact model of the Century Radio Coupler the second ADAHRS maybe required to be the +AP version to. Is it possible for you to confirm the exact radio coupler version you have (its the selector with the rotatory knob used to select the AP source HDG, NAV etc). The part number is 1C388##, its the ## numbers we need to know.

Navigator
Remove the Garmin GNS430W and install a Garmin GTN650Xi GPS/MFD/NAV/Com including interface with audio system and indicator system (G5 or GI275). Existing antennas (COM, NAV & GPS) inspected & tested - reused if good, replaced/repaired if required at additional expense. New wiring harness fabricated and fitted. Set up, function testing & certification included.

Garmin GTN650Xi (with database, without GA35 antenna) £8425+VAT
Labour £1365+VAT (when done at same time as EFIS system above)
Misc installation materials £150 approx
Nav aerial splitter (required when sharing GTN with another VOR/GS unit (KNS80) £125+VAT

Garmin GFC500 Autopilot

Remove Century II autopilot, including all wiring, interfaces & servo.
Install a Garmin GFC500 Digital Autopilot, 2 axis (roll & pitch) with pitch trim, including interface with G5/GI275 system. Controller (GMC507) installed in same location as removed AP. Electric trim switch & disconnect fitted to P1 control colunm, Go-Around switch (GA) fitted near throttle.
Set up, function testing & certification included.

GFC500 Kit (GMC507, GSA28 actuatorx3 & install kits) £6495+VAT (note: This price is schedule to increase on 4 January 2021 by approx $400 - orders placed before then will be at the current price).
Labour £4875+VAT
Misc installation materials (inc GMC507 mount plate) £350 approx

Weight Schedule amendment is included in above pricing, provided current and correct weight schedule is provided, otherwise aircraft will be require to be reweighed (£275+VAT).
Compass swing on completion £75+VAT
Certification is included, as is all applicable Flight Manual (POH) supplements which include the LPV approval for the GTN650Xi.
All prices are plus VAT.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A useful post @BoeingBoy .

The GI275 pair carries a premium of in excess of £4000 inc VAT over the equivalent G5 pair. There's no doubt that the former look sexier and do a bit more, but that's quite a lot if you don't actually need TSO'd kit.
Sorry, just seen this.

Yes, thanks very much @BoeingBoy , very useful info.

But I'm still floored by the figures. I remember the GFC500 being announced a few years ago, as the world of aviation (ok, Garmin) hailed the arrival of a low-cost retrofit autopilot.

By my basic maths, I'm getting to somewhere north of £22k for twin G5s and a GFC500 installed (the bare minimum required, unless I'm mistaken?).

Well, I guess everything is relative...
My 1980 model C182 Group has recently fitted dual G5’s, GFC500 with auto trim option ( extra servo for electric trim) magnometer , and connected to an existing G430W.
With extras such as tidy up of existing panel and removal of vacuum system you indeed are looking low £20g.
The G500 out of the box US $$$ is great value. But the installation of hardware, three actuators etc is a great deal of work and doubles the initial purchase cost.
Having said that, a magic piece of kit which worked “out of the box”on initial test flight, with only one minor adjustment required.
Immaculate coupled RNP/ILS and TOGA., although one mustn’t forget to operate the still manual power lever!!
G-BLEW, GeorgeJLA liked this
Useful post. What people don't realize is the amount of skilled work in getting all these systems set up and interfaced once you've put power to them.

The person paying the bill expects to collect the aircraft fully debugged and working perfectly. I have great respect for the guys that do these installations. The GFC500 looks well worth the money, I had thought it would be more.