Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By imperialsam
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You can actually reach that page in two clicks from the main jersey.com homepage: click the Covid-19 travel advice link at the very top, then there is a green 'Private aircraft passengers declaration form' button near the bottom which takes you to the same place as the long hyperlink.

Iceman wrote:The COVID-19 test station is 100 metres from GAMA and has drive-through and walk-in capability. No isolation requirements whilst waiting for result.

It says on the gov.je travel advice page here that for private aircraft passengers the testing is a drive-through service only with no walk-in capability. It sounds like that wasn't your experience though Iceman?

It does also say that while waiting for test results you should avoid public transport, bars and restaurants... Though I guess that isn't a strict legal requirement :?

Just trying to figure out how realistic and reasonable a day trip to Jersey for lunch next weekend is, or whether I'm likely to fall foul of officialdom :D
By Iceman
When it comes to filling in the online COVID-19 test application, I got all the way to the end of the process before the site reused to go any further. In the end, I booked by telephone, the firm being filled in as I spoke.

Everything in the test process refers to driving through the test station and this is what I did after picking up a car from the terminal. As I entered the test station, I noticed that there was a walk-in too so may be worth asking when you apply.

The self-isolation is purely voluntary so just be sensible, as normal. I didn’t get my result until after I had returned. Alan M posted a picture that showed out of the 2800 people then tested on arrival, 4 were positive.

Give it a go @imperialsam and see how you get on.

Iceman 8)
AlanM liked this
By AlanM
@imperialsam - message me if you want any advice on either the latest Covid19 situation ln the island, or indeed any flying based Qs.

As you can imagine, everything changes almost daily with Covid19. I am not sure about the walk in ability at the teating facility near Gama. Call them on 01534 496496. Hopefully it isn’t too onerous for you. The additional £50 levy from Gama does (I think) include 5 days parking. Given PCR tests costs £50+ In the UK, fill your plane with family and make a day of it!

@Iceman latest stats from today;

Iceman liked this
By imperialsam
Many thanks @Iceman and @AlanM .

I'll give GAMA a call and also the testing helpline. If I can figure out if walk-in testing is allowed for private aviators without a car I'll post back here. I'm anxious to make sure we don't arrive and have to come straight home because we can't have a test, or even end up having to quarantine on the island for 14 days! I can certainly think of worse places to be stuck for a fortnight, but I don't think my boss would like it much :D

@AlanM Thank you for the offer of help - I will certainly message if I need to. You're a fantastic ambassador for Jersey to private pilots thinking of visiting - I really appreciate your posts on here.
Iceman, Pilot Pete, kanga and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
I believe it was the Aviation Beauport longe, Beauport having been taken over by GAMA. The only times that I used Beauport in the past was back in the days before the new terminal when GA arrivals were dealt with by Beauport in the old terminal.

Iceman 8)
AlanM liked this
By imperialsam
For the benefit of anyone else wondering about walk-in PCR testing, I called GAMA and the Jersey health helpline. Both were very helpful: they confirmed that the test centre at the airport definitely does have walk-in capability (as @Iceman observed), and that the text on the website that says it's drive-through only is out-of-date.

The helpline also advised (for day trips) to put GAMA's details on the form where it asks for the address in Jersey you are staying at. The web site says to put the cruise terminal, but that is presumably aimed at cruise day trippers rather than pilots!

So now just need some good weather :D
Iceman, AlanM liked this