Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
seanxair wrote:The pilot got out and was offered a cup of tea and a cigarette by a small boy

Reminds me of this one - not so much the bit about Gin & Tonics but the TV reporter who turned up and Gibbo wandering up to him and saying “give us a fag mate” then IIRC standing there puffing away during the interview!
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/6778010 ... rom-crash/
By Stampe
G-INFO is frequently very slow to update especially so on LAA permit aircraft.I have seen numerous cases of this in the past and the present CAA all working from home on 95% salary cannot be helping.Perhaps best not to cast accusations on social media in an already unfortunate situation for those involved !
By patowalker
foxmoth wrote:Reminds me of this one - not so much the bit about Gin & Tonics but the TV reporter who turned up and Gibbo wandering up to him and saying “give us a fag mate” then IIRC standing there puffing away during the interview!
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/6778010 ... rom-crash/

My uncle was not so lucky. He got a glass of whisky and was shipped off to a POW camp.

McLarty’s plane smacked into the ground, barrelled straight through two parked German fighters and ended up in a pile of empty gasoline drums.
German officers produced a glass of White Horse whisky for the 20-year-old and then shipped him off to a prison camp.
By Paul_Sengupta
Finbarr Saunders wrote:
Rob P wrote:Parent's

Parent's.....what?

Maroon Prius.

As for working from home, back in the day when I was in the office, there were many distractions to be had, mainly colleagues asking me for help. When I had something mundane to do like writing a document, all these distractions for technical help would take preference over the mundane task. On one occasion my manager said to me, "Go home, and don't come back until it's finished!" :D
A le Ron, seanxair, Joff and 2 others liked this