Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By segillum
I suspect the answer to this question will be "nowhere while we're in lockdown" but does anyone happen to know where I might be able to get an exercise ECG done?

Ideally within 100 miles or so of Birmingham but will travel if all else fails.
By ArrowStraight
Hope I never need another - last one was so long ago it was in the Belgrano - but are the CAA still choosy about where you go? (I've heard that rumour from others)
By townleyc
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I had one in 2010, but had to have it done privately - would have been better to go to the Belgrano then - ISTR they charged £200. I had to pay over £800 - what a ripoff!

KE
By mpk
My usual Q wave T wave thing this time has prompted a need to see a cardiologist for an exercise ecg plus echo cardiogram. Going into the NHS system, if that is indeed possible anyway, seems a hassle from what I read.

I've been quoted £350 and £520 for the above respectively. With the consultation the total is a grand. Is this average!!? Any recommendations of cardiologists who deal with the CAA gratefully received just in case there is a big price difference. Prefer central England but location irrelevant tbh given the cost!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
Did your AME not send you a handy sheet with information and some contact details?

Tsk tsk.

Send me an email at first name last name at NHS dot net

Chances of getting this done on the NHS = near zero.
By mpk
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Did your AME not send you a handy sheet with information and some contact details?

Tsk tsk.

Send me an email at first name last name at NHS dot net

Chances of getting this done on the NHS = near zero.

Many thanks for that. I got a 'specification for cardiology reports' CAA one sheet and details for one local (to the AME) cardiologist. I googled and found two others who I'll contact for prices (Hamaad in Birmingham and Timperley Northampton), one has prices on their website significantly cheaper than my first.
By Flyin'Dutch'
I use Jon a lot as he is close to my practices and is an AME and fine cardiologist so knows what the CAA spec is.

Don't know Dr Hamaad, no doubt fine and if he does it the CAA way then it is fine.

Success.
By Sir Morley Steven
Cancel it and book into the one at Alton. Half that price and a lovely man.
By mpk
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Cancel it and book into the one at Alton. Half that price and a lovely man.

Many thanks, could you post a name as when I search there are quite a few and can't easily spot one who is familiar with the CAA report requirements. Ta.