Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By davelee212
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
From Facebook today:

Earls Colne Airfield - EGSR

Strictly PPR by telephone 01787 223943

Reopens for Visitors from 1st June 2020

Takeaway food available from 8th June

09:00 - 15:30
By ChrisGazzard
Update from us: https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/new ... -phase-two

Now open 7 days a week. Hours increasing 0800-1800L from Thursday 4th June.

100LL still £1.26 inc VAT
UL91 still £1.45 inc VAT.

Bushe Cafe is open for takeaways, and picnic benches available. Not sure if they will be opening 7 days just yet.

And for those registered with us who have OOH privileges, from Thursday they can operate in the light evenings.
Dave W, Iceman, neilmurg liked this
By NickA
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
DavidC wrote:North Weald ... Their cafe

Which one?

Wings Cafe, between air ambulance and Weald Aviation is open for takeaway.
By neilmurg
Is Sywell open or not?
NOTAMs say it's not available if you require a licensed aerodrome, but fuel is available, but there's a page on the airfield website that says:
'The airfield is currently closed to all aircraft movements, except flights by emergency services or essential maintenance flights.'
At the same time the status of the airfield is shown as green for fixed wing and helicopters.
No answer on the phone, I'm sure I saw a page which mentioned blind calls to Traffic. Confusing.

[edit]Meanwhile Cranfield closes for tea breaks 4/5 times a day, which explains why they didn't answer the phone I guess. Frustrating, I was trying to give them money...[edit]
By skydriller
flybymike wrote:I find that table incomprehensible.

I think I know what they mean...but its one of those things where you call them to make sure and as they understand themselves, they are perplexed as to why you would call to ask... which unfortunately is all too common in aviation.
flybymike liked this
By CloudHound
Neilmurg,

The reason I mentioned Sywell is that it's effectively closed though some based ops can come and go.

As the PBN approaches are artificially limited to 500' DH (thank you CAA) you'll not get near the runway.

Blind calls to self announce (James Chan heaven) and away you go. :thumright:

Oh and you'll probably have the honour of christening the approaches too.
neilmurg liked this
By James Chan
It's good news Southampton have listened and revised their fees.

I find that table incomprehensible.

The left two columns in Parking denotes the MTOW range. There would have been some formatting problem when publishing out of Excel where the hyphen was dropped and nobody proof checked.

The 30-min slot would be for missed approaches.
By Race200
Popham hours are now 08:30 to 17:00 and they are doing takeaway food. We tried egg and bacon baps and baguettes this morning, they were very good then sampled the donuts on the way home, which we’re also good.

All very good.
bogopper, Iceman liked this