Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Clive
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Went to Brimpton yesterday. Online PPR request (circuit info etc) and landing fee paid on Paypal. Painless, nice welcome, toilets open if you need them. It's longer than it was on my last visit which must have been many years ago.
Regards, Clive
By ivor.phillips
Went to Lee on Solent yesterday quite busy for a week day, the Cafe is doing takeaway food and a gentle walk to the beach to finish off,
Great day out if a trifle warm :lol:
By Trent772
Well, had a splendid day out today in the 182 battle bus.

Flew from the strip in Harrogate to Monewden to take supplies down to the owner's son. Great place, very welcoming and a super little airfield.

Then up to Fenland for a bite en route home - surprise, surprise - The Maid of Kent and her partner - the Flying Tent King were there !! What a coincidence and a great chance to catch up with wonderful friends - Hey Ho Me Hearties.

Fenland seem to have pitched it just right - sort your own RT out, good facilities, food available one at a time, honesty box and cashless.

Onwards north, missed the F-15's and back in time for mid afternoon tin in the sun back home.

Then found out that our other favourite venue, Wickenby is to remain shut to visitors for another month - What are you playing at ?? You are crazy, the whole country is opening and you are still shunning us who provide your café with regular business - Bonkers :cry:

Anyhow - off back to Fenland tomorrow in the rocket ship - might visit the Chip Baron of Newark en route.
mick w, ChampChump liked this
By djtaylor
Whatever the official rules are Pembrey is open and has been receiving english visitors looking at the book. The restaurant is open Wednesday to either Saturday/Sunday for a take out for which chairs are available on the viewing deck. The beach walk with a return through the forest according to the phone app was 9.6 miles but glorious yesterday.
By mlawton
A nice trip out on Tuesday, Humberside to Oaksey Park, lovely airfield, cafe closed, toilets open, 1000 mtrs of manicured grass smooth as a billiard table! Quite a few picnic visitors and very welcoming!
By Trent772
And another grand day out !

Was going to see The Newark Farmer, but he suggested we sojourn to Northrepps instead.

What a splendid suggestion that was. PPR'd and set off, cruised down at FL70, actually talked to Coningsby as there appeared to be some 'business' going on around the area. I hope the people who launched the helium balloon had a good day as reported by Charlie - a cracking call.

Chris and the crew made us welcome, many thanks, a good sarnie etc etc.

Back to Breighton at FL80 for a top up, harumphed with the locals about the local parlous arrangements and non opening Wickers.....

Back for gin and crisps by 5pm !
bogopper, mick w liked this
By townleyc
kanga wrote:
djtaylor wrote:.. has been receiving english visitors looking at the book. ...

must be a book worth travelling to see .. :)

Shouldn't it have Peter Jones (RIP) as it's voice?

KE
By ChampChump
Belatedly acknowledging the serendipitous sighting yesterday of that chap with the RV12 For Sale on his back. In a - gasp - 182, too. We let him off as almost everyone else there seemed to have the little wheel at the wrong end of the aeroplane.

I felt I was in a Bateman cartoon.

It was my second visit to Fenland recently and it seems to have been 'discovered' by a new sub-tribe of pilots. I wonder if other nicely-open airfields are finding the same thing.
Trent772, PeteSpencer liked this
By PeteSpencer
With its self service/CC payment Avgas sales, Fenland is our 'next choice' for avgas when our regular outfit (which only sells avgas Fri-Sun without serious faff any way) is not available.

Good to see others have discovered it too as it has always been a well-run gem of a field, with excellent grub, viewing facilities, management and A/G R/T.

Peter
ChampChump liked this
By ivor.phillips
Had a great trip to Popham yesterday with a transit of Farnborough ATZ, very pleasant controller,
Popham radio up to their usual standard ( Excellent)
Good food supplied from a catering caravan on sight,
Recommended destination, :D
By Charliesixtysix
ChampChump wrote:Belatedly acknowledging the serendipitous sighting yesterday of that chap with the RV12 For Sale on his back. In a - gasp - 182, too. We let him off as almost everyone else there seemed to have the little wheel at the wrong end of the aeroplane.

In a 182... Is there more than one of them, are they breeding?
The one we saw one at Cromer yesterday lunchtime was in an RV7 :wink:
Trent772 liked this