Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Elecy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m not sure where the best place for this post would be, so I’ll try here...!

Way back in c2004, Flyer organised a day with Ultimate High based as they were then at Kemble. For a special price everyone had opportunity to fly their Extras and put together a short aerobatic sequence under the watchful eye of the instructor. I remember it being a really good day out and once I’d flown and my gyros has stopped spinning everyone sat around chatting, with Ian counting his subscribers out to the flight line and then back in again after their sortie!

The format of the day wouldn’t have been something available to book individually but when it was organised as it was, it made for a great day out.

How about something similar for 2021?

Mark
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Elecy wrote:I’m not sure where the best place for this post would be, so I’ll try here...!

Way back in c2004, Flyer organised a day with Ultimate High based as they were then at Kemble. For a special price everyone had opportunity to fly their Extras and put together a short aerobatic sequence under the watchful eye of the instructor. I remember it being a really good day out and once I’d flown and my gyros has stopped spinning everyone sat around chatting, with Ian counting his subscribers out to the flight line and then back in again after their sortie!

The format of the day wouldn’t have been something available to book individually but when it was organised as it was, it made for a great day out.

How about something similar for 2021?

Mark

Hi Mark

Quite a few ideas along those lines are planned :-)

Thanks

Ian
By Charley Farley
Hi,
I read that if you are a Flyer Club member / subscriber you get a better version of the nag (more pictures etc)

I view the magazine using Pocket Mags as I always have done. Does that mean I’m not getting the improved version? I am a Flyer Club member.

If so, how do I get it?

Thanks.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Charley Farley wrote:Hi,
I read that if you are a Flyer Club member / subscriber you get a better version of the nag (more pictures etc)

I view the magazine using Pocket Mags as I always have done. Does that mean I’m not getting the improved version? I am a Flyer Club member.

If so, how do I get it?

Thanks.

Hi Charlie

The additional content will be added in the very near future. Pocketmags is the legacy way to view the issue and exists (for now) for some fairly dull technical reasons. The preferred way to read is to either go to issuu.com/flyerdigital for desktop viewing, or to download the issuu app for mobile reading.

This is very much phase one of our digital journey, there's lots more planned!

Brgds

Ian
By Charley Farley
Thanks for that.
I’ve downloaded the issuu app and located tbe Flyer mags.
Presumably there is a way to separate them from all the other stuff on there, but not had chance to play around with it yet.
Haven’t spotted what’s better about it than PocketMags yet,
Also, presume there will be a password system when the super-duper version of Flyer comes along.
Regards,
By Charley Farley
Worked out how to download mags and to set Flyer in favourites.
Big downside is that issuu doesn’t ‘remember’ the page you got up to last time you used it......or even which issue you were reading. You have to lfind the issue again and then flip through to try to find where you had got up to.

Pocketmags simply opened at where you were last time.

Pity we cannot still download using Pocketmags.

Any idea when tne extra content will start to be available to members?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Charley Farley wrote:Worked out how to download mags and to set Flyer in favourites.
Big downside is that issuu doesn’t ‘remember’ the page you got up to last time you used it......or even which issue you were reading. You have to lfind the issue again and then flip through to try to find where you had got up to.

Pocketmags simply opened at where you were last time.

Pity we cannot still download using Pocketmags.

Any idea when tne extra content will start to be available to members?

Each of the platforms has pros/cons - we're currently working on the next stage which will bring a significantly different and better digital experience.

Extra content will begin to be available over the next couple of weeks, we're basically juggling producing the issue, developing the next stage, and creating extras (which will also be easier now that we can begin to fly a bit more)

Thanks

Ian