Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GonzoEGLL
There were plenty of complaints on social media all day, and the statement from Blackbushe was actually responding to a complaint on Twitter.

Home for me is a few miles west of Blackbushe, and it actually seemed busier than a CAVOK Saturday in July or August. Out walking the dog most of the people I came across asked why flying was suddenly permitted.

Not sure it’s done the PR side of GA any good with the public around here.
By Iceman
Blackbushe allowed flights on Saturday on a pre-agreed slots basis in accordance with the CAA directive on engine run flights. I kept the TB firmly in the hangar. This person looks liked they overstepped the mark, however good his intentions were.

Iceman 8)
SpeedBrake liked this
By GonzoEGLL
dr107flyer wrote:According to the press I read he was flying from strip in Wiltshire, so I fail to see what it’s got to do with blackbushe...

Maybe there was more than one? The one I saw complaints about came out of Blackbushe.
By Sooty25
Lets face it, 1,000's of us our patiently sat on the ground, doing as asked, then some clown thinks he's above the guidelines and does something this public. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't dozens of jealous, grounded pilots that complained.

Tbh, if I was going to do a 30 minute engine maintenance flight, I'd turn the damn transponder off (not that I have one), and would be doing as many circuits as I could squeeze in, just to keep me reasonably sharp.

The infringement enforcement methods should be enough to warn you, you're going to be in for it doing stuff like this. :roll:
SpeedBrake, oakworth liked this
By flyingeeza
"Aviation enthusiasts criticised the pilot for appearing to breach CAA rules restricting recreational aircraft during lockdown.

Blackbushe Airport in Hampshire said the pilot exceeded what was permitted."

Well Blackbushe haven't done themselves any favours here either.
By dr107flyer
GonzoEGLL wrote:
dr107flyer wrote:According to the press I read he was flying from strip in Wiltshire, so I fail to see what it’s got to do with blackbushe...

Maybe there was more than one? The one I saw complaints about came out of Blackbushe.

Yes you’re correct!
This is the blackbushe one

flyingeeza wrote:"Aviation enthusiasts criticised the pilot for appearing to breach CAA rules restricting recreational aircraft during lockdown.

Blackbushe Airport in Hampshire said the pilot exceeded what was permitted."

Well Blackbushe haven't done themselves any favours here either.

No worse than the curtain twitchers on here. :wink:
flyingeeza, Nick, kanga and 1 others liked this