Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.

POST UPDATED

All pilots, instructors, and examiners

Following recent CAA exemptions issued due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the high number of enquiries we have received, On-Track Aviation is hosting another FREE webinar to update pilots, instructors, and examiners on the recent changes introduced and to answer any questions you may have.

Join us on Thursday 23 April 2020 at 15:00 or 18:00 local (UK) when we will be hosting a live webinar Licensing Update - Flight Training Update for Pilots, Instructors and Examiners.

We will begin by chatting about recent changes introduced by the UK CAA to assist General Aviation after the current flying restrictions are over, and then answer any questions you may have about getting yourself flying again soon.

Please register in advance for this Webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/registe ... 4B74ki5CMh

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

Please note that the software will only allow you to access to the webinar from the start (1800) up to 10 minutes afterwards (1810). After this time access will be denied. This is a built in security feature of the software.

We look forward to seeing you at the webinar.

Best wishes and stay safe,

Alan Newton & Jon Cooke
On-Track Aviation

Notes:
Post Updated 16/04/2020
Additional webinar provided with spaces currently at 15:00 on 23rd April 2020

Previous webinar held on 11/04/2020 @ 18:00
Duration of approximately 30 minutes briefing and 30-45 minutes Q&A

Whilst we have provided the webinar for FREE, if you have enjoyed the presentation we kindly ask you to donate to the NHS Charities through this link:

https://www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/ ... iesCOVID19
Last edited by Cookie on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
AlanC, Flyin'Dutch', G-BLEW and 2 others liked this
Many thanks for everyone's interest in this webinar. The event is now fully subscribed, so please accept my sincere apologies to those who have been unable to obtain a place.

For those still interested, I will send details out for a further webinar shortly so those who have missed out this time can get a place. Details announced after this webinar is completed.

ATB Cookie
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Cookie wrote:Many thanks for everyone's interest in this webinar. The event is now fully subscribed, so please accept my sincere apologies to those who have been unable to obtain a place.

For those still interested, I will send details out for a further webinar shortly so those who have missed out this time can get a place. Details announced after this webinar is completed.

ATB Cookie

Thanks for all your efforts Jon,

I don’t fully understand this. I registered yesterday when it was first published. I received an email with “my unique login code” but this afternoon I received another email saying that my booking had been cancelled. How is this? Surely the system should not send out acceptance emails once the max number has been reached?
It's my first go with Zoom, so apologies for having to limit the numbers. Unfortunately, the default setting was for the system to automatically approve everyone. For the subscription I have, the maximum number of participants is 100. The webinar was fully subscribed yesterday but it was still sending out acceptance e-mails whilst I was out on my cycle ride and it took me a while to work out how to resolve it after my usual family duties. I had assumed (wrongly) that it would stop accepting participants when it got to 100.

If you're still interested, I will send details out for the next webinar shortly to all of those who have registered and missed out this time.

Details of time and date will be announced in the next few days.

ATB Cookie
derekf, kanga liked this
Cookie wrote:It's my first go with Zoom, so apologies for having to limit the numbers. Unfortunately, the default setting was for the system to automatically approve everyone. For the subscription I have, the maximum number of participants is 100. The webinar was fully subscribed yesterday but it was still sending out acceptance e-mails whilst I was out on my cycle ride and it took me a while to work out how to resolve it after my usual family duties. I had assumed (wrongly) that it would stop accepting participants when it got to 100.

If you're still interested, I will send details out for the next webinar shortly to all of those who have registered and missed out this time.

Details of time and date will be announced in the next few days.

ATB Cookie

Cheers mate, take care,
see you soon (hopefully).
Cookie liked this
Very interesting and thank you @Cookie for organising.

I found the fact useful in that that if we choose to extend our SEP rating by means of ORS4 1374, the new re-validation date of 22/11/20 will mean the twelve hours and hour with an instructor will need to have been between 22/11/2019 and 22/11/2020 and NOT the original start date of the 2nd year period of an SEP validity period.

One question I have since thought of, when we do renew our SEP ratings to extend them to 11/2022 will they be valid to 22/11/2022 or 30/11/2022, i.e. end of month in line with SEP class rating validity periods? Though I'll ask on the main thread if the question hasn't already been asked...

To make it easier they probably should have extended the exemption to 30/11/2020. :D
That's correct - where you are not using the exemption to extend the validity of the rating, you will extend to the end of the relevant month as per normal for Part-FCL ratings and certificates. I had a pre-prepared slide in the Q&A at the end which Alan answered showing that.

ATB Cookie