Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
First weekend since "deconfinement" and combined with nice weather, much more flying activity across France. Bearing in mind the lack of ADSB use here, it bodes well... :thumleft:

Regards, SD..
By Hooligan
Just had G-CEIZ doing a few orbits overhead out of Redhill. How lovely to see and hear a light aircraft overhead again (apart from the Partenavias), wish I was up there too on such a nice day.
By ls8pilot
Duo802 wrote:And lots of gliders out playing. Fabulous day for it but I'm stuck in Scotland so can't join in!!

Glad to say one of those was me! What a relief...... Many thanks to all at BGA and Club level who managed to get at least some of us back in the air. Very odd to fly by closed airfields and empty gliding clubs (not all had got re-started by Saturday). I think all of us had thoughts for the people who have lost loved ones or been really ill themselves in the last couple of months, and for the NHS and Care workers still facing all of the issues.

It may be that we're a long way off being 100% back to normal, but those of us in England can at least enjoy a respite, and hope that those of you in Wales/Scotland/N. Ireland can join us soon....

FYI another site which shows gliding activity is:
https://glideandseek.com
Duo802 liked this
By skydriller
Well, the runway dried out and so today, the most interesting thing in the air around here today...

...was Me!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

(OK, so its a bit of a scrappy trace, but like most French aeroclubs, we have Mode S only, not ADSB, and I was going through my "refresher exercises" at height in the TMA)

Regards, SD.. :thumleft:
Dave W, Miscellaneous, Iceman and 5 others liked this