Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Probably like many, Im spending more time mooching on the internet, and the TAP that I am, Flight Radar draws...

I have found the lack of CAT means Im noticing flights i wouldnt have seen before, Eg:

1. Skyhawks & Alfajets of Discovery Air defence services in N Germany
2. Contractor AF training Grobs from Cognac.
3. Airbus Test flights (actually, Ive seen these fly overhead before)
4. There are a heck of a lot of bizjets/props flyingabout!!

Also noticed an aeroclub PA28 flying from Rennes today. Im glad someone can come up with a reason to fly somewhere under the draconian french rules.

Regards, SD..
James Chan liked this
By skydriller
JAFO wrote:Beluga just about to land at Hawarden.

Thats the one I spotted leaving Toulouse before I posted earlier... 8)
JAFO liked this
By GrahamB
It looks like one of the Ravenair P68s is taking the opportunity of the quiet London TMA to so some of whatever it is they do over the south of city.
By PaulB
There have been what seem to be training aircraft flying out of Bournemouth and today Cranfield as well. (DA40s with regs G-CTSx)

*If* they are training how can they be complying with social distancing.
By skydriller
I have to say I thought it somewhat ironic that the FAF contractor was still training out of Cognac in their Grobs...

And not on FR24, but I just had a text saying that the Patouille de France flew over their house this morning - Im glad someone is having fun 8)

Regards, SD..
By Dave W
There's an amusing recent dig at the Thunderbirds from the Blue Angels along these lines. :D

Somebody posted it elsewhere on the forums a day or so ago, I think - anyone remember where it was?

Here it is again, anyway:
But... "effect". Sheeesh. ;)
PaulSS, XX, G-BLEW and 1 others liked this
By GrahamB
TheFarmer wrote:I was called a bell end by some jumped up little tool on FB yesterday for leaving a FR24 trace.

I hope he enjoys the bread, butter and meat on his table next year. :roll:

I wouldn’t bother hurrying to fix your transponder, at least the curtain twitchers can focus their attention on something else.