Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There is also one flying around the northwest UK, I suspect its operating on behalf of the police monitoring peoples movements.

Such a nice warm cosy feeling to know that Big Brother is caring for us all.
By skydriller
flybymike wrote:
There is also one flying around the northwest UK, I suspect its operating on behalf of the police monitoring peoples movements.

Such a nice warm cosy feeling to know that Big Brother is caring for us all.

Not something one can "like"... but I did have exactly the same thought when I read that. :|
By Flying_john
Meanwhile ... Back on FR24, I thought there was a lockdown !

I cant believe the hundreds of aircraft still flying around in Europe and the US are freight.

SO there are policeman on the ground stopping oicks from gathering, but nothing in the skies.

Can it really be true that we move so much stuff around in air freight.

:thumright: :thumleft:
By GonzoEGLL
Flying_john wrote:Meanwhile ... Back on FR24, I thought there was a lockdown !

I cant believe the hundreds of aircraft still flying around in Europe and the US are freight.

SO there are policeman on the ground stopping oicks from gathering, but nothing in the skies.

Can it really be true that we move so much stuff around in air freight.

:thumright: :thumleft:

Yes, and a lot of that freight right now is medical related, either supplies or finished equipment, or the parts required for their manufacture.

There are still quite a lot of passengers trying to get home, where that is.

LHR running at 800 pax per hour arriving.
By seanxair
Still some passenger flights available to and from Dublin it seems. I'm near E Mids and a fair bit of freight traffic evident.

In fact one just arrived from Milan. Hope the contents are sanitised :cry:
By skydriller
wigglyamp wrote:We had friends arrive back at LHR from the Far East in the last 2 days and they were really surprised at the lack of medical checks on inbound passengers.

I was surprised 2 months ago and every couple of weeks or so up until my last flight a couple of weeks ago - UK, Holland & France.... :roll: :(

Regards, SD..