Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-JWTP
#1755394
Trent772 wrote:
CloudHound wrote:I share an RV-6 with my brother.
The only suggestion I have is our a/c tries to roll once airborne despite rudder so a smidgen of bank against this helps.

You'll absolutely luvvit!



When this nonsense is over, if you drop me a PM, we can soon sort the heavy wing out if you like. I've done 2 12's and an RV6 and have a dedicated omgomulator to squeeze the ailerons.


' Omgomulator' !

That's got to be a made up word!

:-D :lol:

G-JWTP
User avatar
By Paul_Sengupta
#1755406
G-JWTP wrote:' Omgomulator' !

That's got to be a made up word!


Certainly not. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes depending on the application. For instance, there's a version which plugs into your router to provide a 3G signal.

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1663612#p1663612

Or a version for adjusting the prop.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1409391&postcount=6

It's a close relative of the turbo encabulator.
User avatar
By Rob P
#1755421
Trent772 wrote: a dedicated omgomulator
:thumleft:

I hate those disloyal omgomulators that you seem to find everywhere these days.

Rob P
Dave W, kanga liked this
By G-JWTP
#1755448
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:' Omgomulator' !

That's got to be a made up word!


Certainly not. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes depending on the application. For instance, there's a version which plugs into your router to provide a 3G signal.

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1663612#p1663612

Or a version for adjusting the prop.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1409391&postcount=6

It's a close relative of the turbo encabulator.



I didn't know that!

I'll order one from a specialist supplier and put it my tool box next to the left handed screwdriver and the tin of rainbow paint.

G-JWTP
By cockney steve
#1755468
You shouldn't try using the Rainbow-paint unless you also have to hand a container of Prop-wash, for application prior to painting - and a tin of elbow-grease to preserve the newly-applied coating's lustre.
G-JWTP liked this
User avatar
By Rod1
#1755475
My last post was Aug 06, 2019:) Only 2h flying since then:(.

I am not flying till the restrictions are lifted so the “exception” must only be some RV's:)

Thanks for the info – will report back.

Rod1
By john ball
#1755595
Surely anyone seen flying around in a light aircraft, is giving all of us a bad name. We have to constantly fight nimby’s let alone those that think we are all rich gits.
I am shocked if Buzz’s posts are true ?
User avatar
By PaulB
#1755596
john ball wrote:Surely anyone seen flying around in a light aircraft, is giving all of us a bad name. We have to constantly fight nimby’s let alone those that think we are all rich gits.
I am shocked if Buzz’s posts are true ?


FR24 is your friend
User avatar
By Miscellaneous
#1755607
john ball wrote:Surely anyone seen flying around in a light aircraft, is giving all of us a bad name. We have to constantly fight nimby’s let alone those that think we are all rich gits.
I am shocked if Buzz’s posts are true ?

To be perfectly honest I believe anyone who would assume said pilots were knowingly flaunting the rules and post that opinion on a public forum together with their registrations is going to stir more sh1* and cause more harm than the pilots involved.
User avatar
By Trent772
#1755614
This is such thread drift, but - whatever.

If you are on your own strip, or a private strip and have un compromised access to your aeroplane, why not fly ? The weather is gorgeous. You do more harm with your exhaust than anything else.
User avatar
By PaulB
#1755615
Trent772 wrote:This is such thread drift, but - whatever.

If you are on your own strip, or a private strip and have un compromised access to your aeroplane, why not fly ? The weather is gorgeous. You do more harm with your exhaust than anything else.


Because everyone has been asked (instructed) to stay at home except for 4 specific exceptions[1]. (AIUI these will have a legal basis by tomorrow)

[1] OK you *might* be going shopping or you *might* be travelling to work, but those would be pretty rare reasons for most of us to go flying.
By Shoestring Flyer
#1755620
Trent772 wrote:This is such thread drift, but - whatever.

If you are on your own strip, or a private strip and have un compromised access to your aeroplane, why not fly ? The weather is gorgeous. You do more harm with your exhaust than anything else.


Have you read the 'Sticky' at the top of this forum?
kanga liked this