Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By akg1486
kanga wrote:
akg1486 wrote:.. Cary Grant ..

that will be Archibald Leach from Horfield, Bristol, not far from Filton .. :) </nerd>

If anyone else had posted this I would have suspected Google. In this case: no. :D
By LavanyaLea
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cowshed wrote:OK it's not a film. but a couple of years ago someone on here recommend the TV series "Piece of Cake" from 1988.

And it's shot at the lovely Charlton Park!!! I binge watched the whole series in one of the recent gloomy wet weekends.

Here's the famous under the bridge scene:
JAFO, Iceman, Cowshed liked this
By Trent772
Hot Shots! is a 1991 American Navy comedy film directed by Jim Abrahams, co-writer and co-director of Airplane!, and written by Abrahams and Pat Proft. It stars Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes, Valeria Golino, Lloyd Bridges, Jon Cryer, Kevin Dunn, Kristy Swanson, and Bill Irwin.[2] It was followed by a sequel, Hot Shots! Part Deux in 1993. The film is primarily a parody of Top Gun, with some scenes spoofing other popular films, including ​9 1⁄2 Weeks, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Dances with Wolves, Marathon Man, Rocky, Superman and Gone with the Wind.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not convinced you have watched all the movies in your list... :liar:
And this isnt because of the choice of movies that are in your list, "great" being a personal subjective choice, though I dont think I would call a couple of them aviation movies .... :whistle:
But for sure your narative of the plots of a couple are way off...

And you missed "The Bridges of Toko Ri"