Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Trent772
Enjoyed our last lunch at Wickers for a bit - only closing due to shortage of comestibles though, which is a shame. Will have to start a game of hide and seek - perhaps airfield caffs can join this thread and let us know where is open so we can support.
Lefty wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:All cafes to shut nationwide tonight.....

But are they cafe’s - or are they “waiting rooms” where people wait to meet their instructor / pilot?

Well they're definitely not 'cafe's'

(Sorry, but even in times of crisis standards must be maintained old boy!)
Iceman, JAFO, townleyc liked this
By Stu B
While I can understand, and basically support, the need to close "bars and restaurants" (i.e. places were people congregate socially over food and or drink) the ruling does have some rather problematic aspects. What about motorway service areas? Railway station cafe's? Eateries within airports? Hotel dining rooms? In short, anywhere where people in transit or away from home can get sustenance? Are they only going to be able to provide food/drink on a takeaway basis? I guess so.
By PaulB
Last edited by PaulB on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JSAG
Flew into Lee on Solent yesterday (20th)
Their cafe inside seating area was closed, but from the counter they served beverages in disposable cups, sandwiches, cakes and limited hot food (we had a sausage and a bacon baps) wrapped in foil to eat outside and dispose of wrapping in bin.
As you know the outside seating gives a good view of rwy activity.
The wonderful ladies serving were very welcoming.
Hope they're still in business after last night's announcements.
kanga, Dodo liked this
As of Saturday 21st. Shobdon and Hawarden still welcoming visitors with their cafe's offering a take away service.

Welshpool also open with the cafe hoping to offer take aways that can be eaten outdoors. They will confirm in the week.
Last edited by BoeingBoy on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanga, PaulB liked this