Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
Staverton still open, with restrictions, including payment by card only

From Facebook:

"At present we remain open, but we are making some operational adjustments as of 24th.
We will now be open 0900-1800 daily and operating a slot based system for any visiting aircraft to control footfall through the terminal. Card payment only. Thanks for your cooperation "
EDIT: Breighton airfield is now closed. Official statement:

Breighton Airfield Is Closed Until Further Notice

Coronavirus Update

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement this evening it is with regret that the decision has been taken to close the airfield to all activity. The gates are locked and there is without exception no access.

This is not a decision which has been taken lightly and it is hoped you will understand this is the socially responsible step to take.

Stay safe, stay well, blue skies.

Charles
By romille
Melanie Moxon wrote:EDIT: Breighton airfield is now closed. Official statement:

Coronavirus Update

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement this evening it is with regret that the decision has been taken to close the airfield to all activity. The gates are locked and there is without exception no access.

This is not a decision which has been taken lightly and it is hoped you will understand this is the socially responsible step to take.

Charles

Where is the statement, as a member I have not been emailed and can't find it on the web site?
How were you able to post it 25 minutes before the PM delivered his speech?

Edit 10:20, it has now appeared on the web site.
Last edited by romille on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By romille
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
romille wrote:Where is the statement, as a member I have not been emailed and can't find it on the web site?

It's in a big blue box on the front page of the website. Try SHIFT or CTRL while reloading the page.

https://www.realaero.com/

Strange I looked about half an hour ago and couldn't see it.
romille wrote:
Melanie Moxon wrote:EDIT: Breighton airfield is now closed. Official statement:

Coronavirus Update

Charles

Where is the statement, as a member I have not been emailed and can't find it on the web site?
How were you able to post it 25 minutes before the PM delivered his speech?

Edit 10:20, it has now appeared on the web site.

Yes sorry, I edited my original post as up until the PM's speech last night the airfield had remained open as I am sure you are aware and that was the context of my original post. I copied the statement from FaceBook :)
By kanga
kanga wrote:Staverton still open, with restrictions, including payment by card only

From Facebook:

"At present we remain open, but we are making some operational adjustments as of 24th.
We will now be open 0900-1800 daily and operating a slot based system for any visiting aircraft to control footfall through the terminal. .. "

Now available only to based operators. From Facebook:

"We will not be accepting PPR requests from non home based operators until further notice. We will remain open and operational to support home based essential operations. The developing situation will be assessed daily and any further changes will be promulgated.

Thank you."