Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By oldbiggincfi
Anyone know what EasyJet are doing to get us back to the UK ? The island is in lock down so I can’t imagine arrivals are welcome. On that basis , a lot of empty aircraft will be needed.
By Paul_Sengupta
TheFarmer wrote:Why did you go?! It was pretty obvious flights would stop, wasn’t it?! :?

If I'd gone as planned on the trip this weekend, I'd have been stranded in either Moldova or the Ukraine! :shock: :D
By oldbiggincfi
TheFarmer wrote:Why did you go?! It was pretty obvious flights would stop, wasn’t it?! :?

Not when I came “ Down “ And why not after that winter. Even your lot moaning you can’t plough.

Hooligan wrote:Friend of mine arrived in Lanzarote on Weds. Suspect he'll be quite happy to stay beyond his booked fortnight providing there is a bar and a supply of booze...

All bars and restaurants closed . Total lock down .

Paul_Sengupta wrote:Just stay there until the weather improves and the virus goes away. (not necessarily related events, just both are a good excuse to stay)

Pity your Bulldog is not parked here . Would offer to ferry it back
By chevvron
oldbiggincfi wrote:All bars and restaurants closed . Total lock down .

Plenty of supermarkets selling huge quantities of booze and grub; you don't need bars and restaurants.
I speak from experience (Playa Blanca, Puerto del Carmen, Costa Teguise); first thing I do when I get there is hunt for the nearest place I can buy vino.
By oldbiggincfi
chevvron wrote:
oldbiggincfi wrote:All bars and restaurants closed . Total lock down .

Plenty of supermarkets selling huge quantities of booze and grub; you don't need bars and restaurants.
I speak from experience (Playa Blanca, Puerto del Carmen, Costa Teguise); first thing I do when I get there is hunt for the nearest place I can buy vino.

Even they are only letting you in one at a time. Just sent the wife out for a bottle of Cava. Big fines tomorrow if you go out in pairs.
Deadly hush about the place.
By Miscellaneous
Rob L wrote:Look on the bright side..the internet is working!

That's what I'm trying to do and the bright side for me is I can go fly without contacting any other human being, providing the petrol station permits paying at pump. Not sure that it does though. :? I'll check that out tomorrow and maybe stock up. :D
JAFO liked this