Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Norway has shut down all VFR and all school flights unless pre-approved. Quote below from NOTAM (my bold). Your flight must have "special societal usefulness", so probably not easy to get.

ISSUED: 17 MAR 2020 13:25 UTC PAGE: 24(28)
+ COVID-19 VFR AND SCHOOL FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS IN NORWAY.
ACCORDING TO A NEW TEMPORARY NATIONAL REGULATION PROMULGATED
14.03.2020 BY THE NORWEGIAN CAA,15 A RESTRICTED AREA HAS BEEN
ESTABLISHED IN ALL NORWEGIAN AIRSPACE (NORWAY FIR).
ALL FLIGHTS ACCORDING TO VISUAL FLIGHT RULES (VFR) IN NORWEGIAN
AIRSPACE ARE PROHIBITED UNLESS PRE-APPROVED BY AVINOR ANS.
ALL SCHOOL FLIGHTS IN NORWEGIAN AIRSPACE ARE PROHIBITED UNLESS
PRE-APPROVED BY AVINOR ANS.
REQUESTS FOR PRE-APPROVAL OF FLIGHTS MUST BE FORWARDED TO
OPERATIVSTOTTE.NACC(AT)AVINOR.NO, NO LATER THAN 1H PRIOR TO PLANNED
DEPARTURE.

THESE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO MILITARY, POLICE, AMBULANCE AND
SAR FLIGHTS. OBSERVATION FLIGHTS CONDUCTED UNDER THE TREATY ON OPEN
SKIES ARE ALSO EXEMPTED.
PRE-APPROVAL WILL NORMALLY NOT BE GIVEN UNLESS THE FLIGHT HAS A
SPECIAL SOCIETAL USEFULNESS.

(Edits: one mistake and then one spelling error correcting the mistake....)
Last edited by akg1486 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Rob P
marioair wrote:
... on an aviation related note are we saying Italy, France and Spain have shut airspace now to GA?

Yesterday's guidance from France did not discourage solo flights without landaways. But who knows? The situation changes by the hour.

Rob P
Private flying is effectively not allowed now in France. Travel outside one's home is only permitted in certain precise cases (I filled in my declaration just now so I could go for a short walk in the sun, and would have been breaking the law if i hadn't carried the signed paperwork with me).

The FFA have told their aeroclubs to suspend all activity. https://www.ffa-aero.fr/FR/frm_News_Fiche.awp?P1=277
By ls8pilot
marioair wrote:...
on an aviation related note are we saying Italy, France and Spain have shut airspace now to GA?

Looks like it, and I think Denmark and Scandinavia too unless they are weather bound. The two contacts you can see in Spain and France are both on the ground.

By akg1486
ls8pilot wrote:
marioair wrote:...
on an aviation related note are we saying Italy, France and Spain have shut airspace now to GA?

Looks like it, and I think Denmark and Scandinavia too unless they are weather bound. The two contacts you can see in Spain and France are both on the ground.

Norway has cancelled VFR and all school flights; see my previous post.

Denmark and Sweden are open for business, except the Danish airport EKAH Aarhus where they won't give PPR to non-essential flights. From the NOTAM it looks like it's because a shortage of staff rather than anything else.

I don't think that banning GA while, like in my hometown, still endorsing public transport makes much sense. Luckily I got to fly on Saturday.
Adrian wrote:Travel outside one's home is only permitted in certain precise cases (I filled in my declaration just now so I could go for a short walk in the sun, and would have been breaking the law if i hadn't carried the signed paperwork with me).

Ive read the government website and Im not really getting it...

I live in rural france and am pretty much "on holiday" here, so dont really need to travel too much and just need to go out for food/exercise etc.

Its gonna be a nice day tomorrow (was planning on flying, guess I wont now), but I live about 10-15 mins from the beach where we walk the dog so I download a blank sheet and fill in we are going to the beach to walk the dog, then sign it and its OK... :scratch:

It will be interesting to see if the village boulangerie is open tomorrow morning...

Regards, SD..
skydriller wrote:so I download a blank sheet and fill in we are going to the beach to walk the dog, then sign it and its OK... :scratch:

My friend's daughter lives in France. She does not have a printer. She's been told to copy the form off the screen by hand and fill it in. Even to go for a baguette apparently.
MikeW wrote:My friend's daughter lives in France. She does not have a printer. She's been told to copy the form off the screen by hand and fill it in. Even to go for a baguette apparently.

Ive heard about this... It all seems rather french!!

Im wondering if I might just go for a drive with a note saying Im doing just that (with the dog) just to see what happens and if there are actually any roadblocks out here... which would be contrary to what the government wants me to do, yet i'd be by myself... hmmm.

SD..
skydriller wrote:
MikeW wrote:My friend's daughter lives in France. She does not have a printer. She's been told to copy the form off the screen by hand and fill it in. Even to go for a baguette apparently.

Ive heard about this... It all seems rather french!!

Im wondering if I might just go for a drive with a note saying Im doing just that (with the dog) just to see what happens and if there are actually any roadblocks out here... which would be contrary to what the government wants me to do, yet i'd be by myself... hmmm.

SD..

Hi
I wrote you a what's app.For the pee of the dog,he has to do it around the house and with a garden,i doubt the policeman will agree it,and it must be a quick pee...
And yes,you need the signed paper,even for a baguette and yes the boulangerie stay open,like all the food shops.If you go with your dog for a pee at 10.00am ,you need a paper and to the bakery at 1 pm,you need another paper.
Best regards
skydriller liked this
By rdfb
marioair wrote:BoJo keeps saying it's all science led. But then that means our scientists seem to have come with a completely different conclusion to the rest of the EU! Are we really that sure of ourselves on such as big decision.

I don't know the answer, but I can say that we aren't comparable to the EU. I suspect much of the decision making needs to be based on predictions of human behaviour. UK humans behave quite differently from EU humans, as Brexit demonstrates. I think it's quite possible that the "correct" answer would be different for the different populations.
Rob P, Dusty_B liked this
Rallye wrote:And yes,you need the signed paper,even for a baguette and yes the boulangerie stay open,like all the food shops.If you go with your dog for a pee at 10.00am ,you need a paper and to the bakery at 1 pm,you need another paper.
Best regards

Thanks,

I think I might invest in a french paper company... :lol:
Stu B liked this