Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
CAT4R4TTA wrote: And this shows why the UK strategy is totally wrong.

Boris will pass to history as a mass murderer

:roll:

I am not sure Boris is actually setting the UK response. He seemed to have some knowledgeable folk advising him.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Panic, Iceman, Ben K and 1 others liked this
By Josh
My flight to Jersey tonight is absolutely full. Fairly quiet over the weekend though, sectors back to the UK full of returning brits, outbound very quiet though, mainly local nationals returning home.
By CAT4R4TTA
Rob P wrote:I am not sure Boris is actually setting the UK response. He seemed to have some knowledgeable folk advising him.

Rob P

Who's the PM? He is the one who decides.

About his "expert" friends they should be secluded in jail
By Rob P
Thanks for that link.

Currently stating:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Presidents of the federal flying clubs,

You all know the current unprecedented situation and the recent announcements made by the President of the Republic, then by the Prime Minister. The latest announcements listed below are particularly restrictive. It must be understood that no one was prepared for a situation of such a nature and of such magnitude that evolves almost day by day.

The FFA can only advise its clubs to follow the instructions of the government and health authorities, particularly with regard to all “barrier” measures.

We therefore recommend that you stop all activities in confined spaces (therefore a plane, or an association space) with 2 or more people (no group lessons, no meetings, no General Meetings, etc.).

The reception of "non-members" is to be strictly prohibited, as are "discovery" flights and "flights with expanded cost sharing".

In the current state of information and directives, only flights with one person on board can be considered by your flying club provided that helmet, joysticks, sleeves, etc. can be disinfected before and after the flight with the use of wipes or disinfectants.

If such flights are undertaken, it is preferable to limit them to local flights in order to comply with the government travel limitation directive.

Of course these instructions are to be adjusted under the responsibility of the club according to the configuration of the premises, the nature of the work to be carried out (intervention of a mechanic, conveying of an aircraft for maintenance operation to be carried out imperatively).

Each flying club is necessarily free to make its own decisions, it has the responsibility, so good citizenship must be used to quickly stop the spread of this virus.

In addition, we are going to question the DGAC for the relaxation of the deadlines for extensions and other tests which cannot be carried out in time given government instructions.

Rob P
Latest from Spain:

Fly-Pyr Santa Cilia
13 March at 14:30 ·
El Aeródromo de Santa Cilia cierra su actividad a causa del coronavirus desde el próximo lunes. La crisis del Covid-19 se lleva por delante la actividad del aeródromo de Santa Cilia durante al menos los próximos 15 días. El bicho este no terminará ni con nosotros ni con nuestro maravilloso balcón sobre el Pirineo. ¡Hasta pronto!

The Santa Cilia Aerodrome closes its activity due to the coronavirus from next Monday. The Covid-19 crisis carries the activity of the Santa Cilia aerodrome for at least the next 15 days. This bug will not end with us or with our wonderful balcony over the Pyrenees. See you soon!

L'aérodrome de Santa Cilia ferme son activité à cause du coronavirus lundi prochain. La crise de Covid-19 met fin à l'activité de l'aérodrome de Santa Cilia pendant au moins les 15 prochains jours. Cette foutue bactérie ne finira pas avec nous ou avec notre magnifique balcon sur les Pyrénées. À bientôt!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Yep, our aeroclub has decided to suspend training & BIA flights. If you want to fly solo or with a spouse/partner etc that is your choice, while taking common sense disinfection precautions.

If you believe shutting down the country is an appropriate response then this decision is in line with that. If you think shutting the country down is an over reaction, then this is also an over reaction. Time will tell I guess.

Im planning to go flying mid week as the weather is set to be nice then.

Regards, SD..
By Rob L
CAT4R4TTA wrote:
Rob P wrote:Flyguy FB posted a series of fascinating animations showing the rate of spread of the disease under various different lock down schemes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... simulator/

Rob P

And this shows why the UK strategy is totally wrong.

Which Boris will "pass to history as a mass murderer" may I ask?
I may have misunderstood somewhere, but I thought you were a person in the medical profession.
Rob L
By Chilli Monster
CAT4R4TTA wrote: And this shows why the UK strategy is totally wrong

It strikes me that whatever strategy is followed the mortality rate (death v infections) is remaining constant at between 2 to 3%

I suspect that would be the same if countries all did nothing, with the added bonus that we wouldn’t be destroying the Worlds Economy in the process.

The Maths are simple, and invalidates your rather pointless comment.
Iceman liked this