Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Can people please clarify the context of comments in threads!
For example, just saying "here" or "I popped over to Calais" without clarifying that a) you are in France (insert country here) or b) French (making a big difference to the legality) results in much confusion and possible acrimony :D :D
By johnda
malcolmfrost wrote:Can people please clarify the context of comments in threads!
For example, just saying "here" or "I popped over to Calais" without clarifying that a) you are in France (insert country here) or b) French (making a big difference to the legality) results in much confusion and possible acrimony :D :D

Nobody who was actually in France would normally say "I popped OVER to Calais", whereas we Brits coming from England say it all the time because it is OVER the Channel. Someone in France would probably say "I went UP to Calais".

The purpose of my OP was not to confuse but to inform, particularly as Calais has now reopened offficially (since Monday), although the runway was never closed and was always technically open for landings.

I did also clarify that I would not advise anyone to land in France if they could not tick any of the boxes of the French "Attestation de Déplacement International Dérogatoire vers le France Métropolitaine".

All restrictions should be lifted in two weeks' time, unless Baldrick Johnson's cunning plan to stop us travelling actually materializes.
skydriller liked this