Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boxkite
foxmoth wrote:The bit that gets me is
subsequent use of the air above us..

Makes it very tempting to fly overhead just above the ATZ and see what happens!

To be fair on this point alone, this appears to be a pop at the one or two finnicky local residents (by bold).
To quote in full context:
To the neighbourhood…If anyone has a problem with the ground use I am at liberty to allow or not allow and the subsequent use of the air above us..Please ring me..If the phone is engaged or I can’t answer text on the number above..I will get back to you..
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
His view is his view, and he is entitled to stay closed, allow people to fly/not fly, and run his airfield however he pleases.

However, his attitude towards it is bizarrely arrogant and unnecessary.

Out of interest, is he quite a short man in stature?
gaxor liked this
By carlmeek
TheFarmer wrote:His view is his view, and he is entitled to stay closed, allow people to fly/not fly, and run his airfield however he pleases.

However, his attitude towards it is bizarrely arrogant and unnecessary.

Out of interest, is he quite a short man in stature?

Oi! Don’t knock short people or I WILL SHOUT AT YOU IN CAPITALS!
johnm, Tim Dawson, skydriller and 2 others liked this
By johnm
At what height does one fall into the "short" category I wonder......
By johnm
TheFarmer wrote:Anything less than 5’9” tends to be a bit yappy IMO.

I don't yap, I merely have stern words for opinionated young whippersnappers :D
TheFarmer liked this
By TheFarmer
Agreed.

Every time I’ve flown away from Henstridge I’ve always felt like I’ve needed a really good wash.

One can only assume that the short and shouty man must be absolutely minted and doesn’t need the business revenue.
:scratch:

I’m off to Devon in a minute, I’ll pass through his personal airspace at a suitable height. :twisted:
Antair liked this
By Gertie
johnda wrote:The only way to beat the virus is to return to as much normality as possible while maintaining social distancing/protection.

There is no way that the country can remain closed down in the medium to long term without a total collapse.

But what will be the new "normal" and what is "closed down"?

At present most people are getting what they need, ie shelter, food, water, and even power[#]. So we're not very "closed down".

There's some unnecessary tat that it's slightly harder to come by, but hey, the clue is in the word "unnecessary".

And what will "normal" be? Already there are people saying to their bosses:

* "I'm working fine from home, you don't really expect me to start commuting to the office ever again do you?"
* "I'm doing business with our international partners fine online, you don't really expect me to resume all that tedious international travel ever again do you?"

[#] You do have plans for how to cook when the power goes off, don't you, with stocks of fuel, as well, of course, as a few months' food already put by for the last year and a half in the #brexit cupboard?
By evanscm3
skydriller wrote:
Red wrote:Strange how we see things so differently.
It'll be one of the first places I visit when I can (Wales Based).
Always was a favourite, and that no nonsense statement from the owner makes me even more pro-Henstridge.

You'll love this place then:

https://www.ashcroftair.co.uk/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you know what? Probably both places are great to visit, but the websites do amuse me.

is that website a spoof? :shock:
By JodelDavo
foxmoth wrote:The bit that gets me is
subsequent use of the air above us..

Makes it very tempting to fly overhead just above the ATZ and see what happens!

Henstridge doesn't have an ATZ, which makes Geoff's statement even more baffling :roll:
By Spooky
evanscm3 wrote:
skydriller wrote:
Red wrote:Strange how we see things so differently.
It'll be one of the first places I visit when I can (Wales Based).
Always was a favourite, and that no nonsense statement from the owner makes me even more pro-Henstridge.

You'll love this place then:

https://www.ashcroftair.co.uk/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you know what? Probably both places are great to visit, but the websites do amuse me.

is that website a spoof? :shock:

Reminds me of that fantastically crazy lady who had a car trader website :lol:

Ling’s Cars!

https://www.lingscars.com/