Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Everyone with their new ADSB-out devices can’t now sneak in a frosty morning weekend sortie this winter. :D
TheFarmer wrote:Everyone with their new ADSB-out devices can’t now sneak in a frosty morning weekend sortie this winter. :D

I don't want to tempt fate, but speak for yourself. :wink:

I'f I survive storm Aiden I'll be sure to post some pics. :wink:
By marioair
I own my own plane. It grates to say this but I think the “right” thing to do would be to say the following continues

1) any flight training (even non commercial)
2) any rental
3) the one month maintainence flight
By marioair
Yeah. My logic - no justification for owners to fly as not “essential”

For rental - there’s no way a club/school can “work from home”

So.....depends.....as I type ....... if BoJo says non essential shops to close
By skydriller
marioair wrote:Yeah. My logic...

Well, dont see why yours should be any less valid than the lockdown logic currently circulating in parrallel with the virus right now across much of Europe... :(
By neilmurg
But if I fly and I don't interact with anyone apart from my own bubble, that should be OK.
The problem is that the airfields can't function. Although they could allow no-cover use of the runway...
(until I run out of fuel). Hmmm, maybe I should top up.
By Lockhaven
JAFO wrote:I fly from a little grass strip, no need at all to see anyone else. I guess the only stumbling block is the non-essential travel from my home.

Fortunately the grass strip I fly from is 50 meters from my back door, unfortunately my aircraft is not at home at the moment but stuck elsewhere :(
By townleyc
Not that any announcement has yet been made, but I imagine we will get similar 'advice' from DfT as last time.

People in any total lockdown will resent the 'rich playboys' playing in their 'planes...

Sad but inevitable :(

KE
By marioair
Ok. So on basis non essential shops closed I think rental should be closed. Fair is fair.

Training should be allowed to continue though - even if an instructor isn’t teaching a Future ATPL they need to tick over to keep the industry going