Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I’m based in France.
In order to go out of the house you do not need a form if you haven’t got a printer.
The official alternatives are to hand write the form on a piece of paper or fill it in online and take a screenshot.
Simple details required are name, date of birth, address and the reason for your journey. (Going to work, , essential shopping , going to doctors etc , going to help a vulnerable family member, or going out locally for exercise.
You then sign and date it.
Anyone who can fill out a GAR should be able to cope with that. :D
The cops tend to do random stops at roundabouts and a local Brit friend has just been stopped at a ‘favourite’ spot. He had his form so no drama.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
rdfb wrote:
marioair wrote:BoJo keeps saying it's all science led. But then that means our scientists seem to have come with a completely different conclusion to the rest of the EU! Are we really that sure of ourselves on such as big decision.

I don't know the answer, but I can say that we aren't comparable to the EU. I suspect much of the decision making needs to be based on predictions of human behaviour. UK humans behave quite differently from EU humans, as Brexit demonstrates. I think it's quite possible that the "correct" answer would be different for the different populations.

Yesterday Robert Peston asked him if criminal sanctions would be introduced to enforce what was effectively a curfew, as other countries had done. The response was that government had the powers to do so, but most people would accept that we are a mature and grown up liberal democracy, where people understand very clearly the advice that is being given to them.
By ls8pilot
patowalker wrote:...........The response was that government had the powers to do so, but most people would accept that we are a mature and grown up liberal democracy, where people understand very clearly the advice that is being given to them.

Wow, he's clearly never been to a Gliding Club Annual General Meeting has he? :lol:
gasman, Dusty_B, Waveflyer and 2 others liked this
By skydriller
patowalker wrote:I can't imagine the British public could easily be persuaded to fill in forms to go to the shops or walk the dog.

I was thinking exactly that when I wrote
skydriller wrote: It all seems rather french!!

Regards, SD..
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
I’m showing my ignorance, but how is France able to tell people what to do like that? It sounds like a police state.
By skydriller
Well my view is that for 2-3 weeks everything will be fine, but any longer and there will be a push-back at any strict enforcement - by which I mean the little pieces of paper not being enough to go about your business. Time will tell.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
There are going to be some objections by a European populace soon, if the restrictions become too draconian and/or extend for too long. I don't know in which country, but most likely Italy first.

These objections may rapidly become civil disturbances or disobedience, possibly leading to riots.