Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
@CloudHound it looks very much as though the CAA will come to your (and my) rescue.
There will inevitably be a bow wave of demand for instructors from 12 April 2021; instructors have been enabled to stay current during lockdown to help facilitate the return to GA flying. To smooth out the inevitable demand for examiners in the coming weeks and months, we are working on an extension to General Exemptions Nos 1416 and 1418 until the end of July 2021.

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Saf ... 021009.pdf
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just had an Email from the aeroclub wrt flying in the current "Lockdown".

As I suggested on another thread, only if you live within 10km of the aerodrome can you fly your private aeroplane or a club aeroplane solo for circuits/within 10km of your home…BUT, our instructors are allowed to fly with any aeroclub member regardless of anyone’s distance away from the aerodrome and then there is no distance restriction for the flight and PPL training can continue!!

So…anyone want to explain the logic of someone 11km from the aerodrome not being allowed to go there and fly solo in their own aeroplane, ‘cause well, they might spread C19…yet our instructors can fly with everyone in the aeroclub (wherever they live) for as long as they like, anywhere they want, ’cause y’know, instructors are invulnerable to C19 and can’t spread it at all…

What a complete joke this 3rd french “confinement” is…

Regards, SD..
flybymike liked this
By Red
Missed the first few windows of opportunity Here in Wales and was getting pretty despondent about the whole flying lark
Just got up for an hour this morning first time since November, Aah now I remember ..isnt flying just great :D
T6Harvard liked this
Interestingly, I was listening to Magic FM earlier and one of their presenters, Nick Snaith, was asking listeners 'what are you most looking forward to now that we're coming out of lockdown'; to which he quickly followed up to say he was a pilot himself and was looking forward to doing some circuit-bashing at the weekend:

https://twitter.com/nicksnaith?lang=en

While I accept might not be in the same league as the Kardashians or Beckhams, we could use a high-profile advocate of GA!
kanga liked this
Red wrote:Missed the first few windows of opportunity Here in Wales and was getting pretty despondent about the whole flying lark
Just got up for an hour this morning first time since November, Aah now I remember ..isnt flying just great :D

Wales was looking particularly lovely this morning as I cruised across just after sunup. In fact everywhere was lovely, sunny, almost warm and Birmingham were particularly helpful - giving me two overhead transits right through their zone and saving me a detour.
AndyR, T6Harvard liked this
By johnm
This illustrates why the vaccine is not a panacea and why precautions are still going to be needed to some degree. The Pfizer jab is 95% effective, which means it isn't effective in 5% of cases (oversimplified for clarity).

A vaccine doesn't necessarily stop you catching the disease and passing it on, but it should keep you (and those you pass it on to) out of hospital in most cases and so make the pandemic manageable in the long run.
kanga liked this
By Jflyer
Anyone know if / when we can start flying with passengers or other pilots outside our household again, (1 passenger) non instructional

Caa just say within social distancing rules, but confusing. Anything changed today? Getting bored flying solo. What’s everyone’s clubs saying?

Thanks
By PeteSpencer
Peter Mundy wrote:All catering establishments in NL now closed.

EHDR
+
AIRPORT TEMPORARY CLSD DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK.

That's a year ago (and a month) :roll:
By cotterpot
Jflyer wrote:Anyone know if / when we can start flying with passengers or other pilots outside our household again, (1 passenger) non instructional

Caa just say within social distancing rules, but confusing. Anything changed today? Getting bored flying solo. What’s everyone’s clubs saying?

Thanks

Only confusing if you allow it to be so.
Use your common sense.

PS Welcome to the forum
Lockhaven liked this
By malcolmfrost
Jflyer wrote:Anyone know if / when we can start flying with passengers or other pilots outside our household again, (1 passenger) non instructional

Thanks

I would say from yesterday, considering you can now meet indoors etc. The recommendation on car sharing has gone and replaced with:
You must not share a private vehicle in groups larger than 6 people (except when everyone present is from no more than 2 households), unless your journey is made for an exempt reason.