Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:With the restaurants and bars in France closed as of midnight yesterday I can't see any great point in travelling there for the time being..

Well, today was a winter Sunday, so not alot open usually anyway. Nice warm day, went to the beach, single bar open...as usual. Mondays still a "half open" day here, so again, not expeecting everything tonbe open. Tuesday will be the tester, to see what is open or closed...

Regards, SD..
By ls8pilot
Not directly relevant to NL, but looking at St Crepin's Facebook page it looks like the French gliding association (FFVP) have requested that all French gliding clubs cease flying and (if I read it correctly) maintenance activities.

I cant see anything on the FVVP website, maybe @xtophe might find something more official?

I would guess (and it's only a guess) that this might possibly extend wider than just gliding in France, so would be might be sensible to be cautious about plans to visit via air ?

https://www.facebook.com/ClubPlaneur/
By matthew_w100
Rob P wrote:With the restaurants and bars in France closed as of midnight yesterday I can't see any great point in travelling there for the time being.

If I needed cheerless places where I can't get a decent meal or a drink and where I don't speak the language, Wales is a lot closer.

Rob P

(actually it isn't, but the piece doesn't really work otherwise)

Funnily enough, my mate and i have decided Wales is a better bet than Holland. Haverfordwest or Caenarfon?
I've been thinking the same thing Paul. It would need to be 4 weeks at a minimum though (in my opinion) to try to significantly stop the spread. Otherwise within that 2 week period you would get newly infected just beginning to show symptoms / spread the infection, and then when the quarantine was over they would begin to infect those who had hunkered down and have not developed any immunity (if immunity is possible).
By Rob P
Flyguy FB posted a series of fascinating animations showing the rate of spread of the disease under various different lock down schemes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... simulator/

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
Yes, there seems to be a variety of CV-19 threads to choose from.

Rob P
By CAT4R4TTA
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Flyguy FB posted a series of fascinating animations showing the rate of spread of the disease under various different lock down schemes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... simulator/

Rob P

And this shows why the UK strategy is totally wrong.

Boris will pass to history as a mass murderer