Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just heard a rumour that the show at Friedrichshafen, If that's how you spell it, may be off due to current health issues.

G-JWTP
Last edited by G-JWTP on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Dave W
"Postponed" says the website homepage.

Visitor questions about the postponement
As Head of AERO Friedrichshafen I have experienced many situations during the last 30 years which have affected the global economy and the aerospace industry in a negative way. But never before an incident had such a strong impact on the global economy like the new Coronavirus.

I always believed in the saying: There is no total safety. There are only various levels of uncertainty.

Until we received this information, my team and I were convinced, that this would also be valid in dealing with the Coronavirus and that despite existing uncertainties we can run AERO Friedrichshafen 2020 with around 700 exhibitors as planned.

Since the last days we have received a growing number of cancellations and explicit signals by our exhibitors and visitors, which makes an implementation of AERO Friedrichshafen 2020 not possible anymore. In addition to these economical reasons, we have to ensure the health and safety of our attendees in the best possible way. This means that we have to postpone AERO Friedrichshafen 2020 to another not yet defined date.

I would like to use this opportunity to express my special thanks for your support of AERO Friedrichshafen. In aviation we have to stick together in tough times, therefore I hope that you remain a loyal partner for the upcoming editions of the show.

With kind regards
Roland Bosch
By Iceman
That is how you spell it. If true, it’s just as well that I haven’t booked my hotel room yet.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not Sun ‘n’ Fun, which is on at the same time, goes the same way.

Iceman 8)
By G-JWTP
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Having a major sulk now; I consider Aero and a trip to FDH as the start of the spring and good times.

Harrumph.

FD.

Simply.

Is this the end of civilisation as we know it.
Just another strain of flu.
Or something in between?

G-JWTP
By Flyin'Dutch'
I think it will not be either.

Just hugely disappointed that we are currently working, happily so, beyond normal capacity, including sorting out folks with FLIs, and as a 'reward' for working hard during the winter I thoroughly enjoy going to Lake Konstanz, with some friends and my better half to look at what aviation has to offer, enjoy a nice sejour, some good food and excellent company.

That ain't going to happen this year.

Time will tell if it was worth the disappointment.
Bobcro liked this
By TC_LTN
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I think it will not be either.

Just hugely disappointed that we are currently working, happily so, beyond normal capacity, including sorting out folks with FLIs, and as a 'reward' for working hard during the winter I thoroughly enjoy going to Lake Konstanz, with some friends and my better half to look at what aviation has to offer, enjoy a nice sejour, some good food and excellent company.

That ain't going to happen this year.

Time will tell if it was worth the disappointment.

I'll just come and visit you at home instead. Unless they have closed the borders by then.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Iceman
Friedrichshafen has always been a good outing for me too. Good flying to and from, very pleasant views of the Alps and Lake Constanz on the way in and out, very picturesque hotel setting on the lake side at the beautiful Meersburg, great food and drinks with lots of aviation friends in Friedrichshafen, and of course, Europe’s premier aviation show, which somewhat eclipses anything that we have in the UK. An amazing few days that, sadly, will not happen this year.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dave W
I spent an overnight in F'hafen last September on a GA trip.

Was just as enjoyable as the April visits, despite fewer pals to be run into along the lakefront. :thumleft:

Go anyway? Probably some hotel deals to be had... :(