Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By egkbaviator
Does anyone have any experience of light aircraft hire / flights with an instructor in the Philippines - I am due to go there next year and can not seem to find much online about what if anything exists over there - I have a EASA PPL

The ideal situation would be to hire an aircraft for a few days however failing that just to do some sightseeing with an instructor would be awesome!
By Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
If you don't mind microlight flying, this seems to be one of the favorite options:
http://www.angelesflying.com/

Many years ago, working on a subsea pipline project, we occasionally crew changed using a BN Islander between the nearest Island and Manila (our vessel was too small to have a heli-deck). Interesting heading towards Manila in IMC with the two guys up front trying to work out where we were with a Garmin 296. Have fun in the Philippines, but stay the right side of the law*.

*Last I heard they were talking about using the retired production platform in the South China Sea as a prison....
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whiskey Kilo Wanderer wrote:*Last I heard they were talking about using the retired production platform in the South China Sea as a prison....

Or just a bit of summary execution if you're suspected of being a drug dealer...