Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Skylaunch2
Permanent Notam for Farnborough from a couple of days ago... some good news?

AIR TRAFFIC SERVICES AIRSPACE
REVISED OPERATIONAL HOURS, COLUMN 6 FOR FARNBOROUGH ATZ AS FOLLOWS:
MON-FRI 0645-2215 (0545-2115), SAT, SUN AND PH 0745-2015 (0645-1915)
UK AIP AD 2.17 REFERS

Does this mean we've finally seen the end of their H24 ATZ?
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Skylaunch2 wrote:Permanent Notam for Farnborough from a couple of days ago... some good news?

UK AIP AD 2.17 REFERS

Well, thank goodness for that. There was me worrying about the future of GA and now we find out that the Farnborough ATZ is freely available for use without the necessity to comply with any interpretation of Rule 11 for a whole 8 1/2 hours each weekday night and even longer at weekends and public holidays! Another great win for GA. :roll:
Rob P, Ben K liked this
By Stampe
The oligarchs,celebrities,money launderers and tax dodgers seem to be favouring Biggin Hill at present it’s very busy!
johnm liked this
By chevvron
Skylaunch2 wrote:Permanent Notam for Farnborough from a couple of days ago... some good news?

UK AIP AD 2.17 REFERS

Hm after all these years; wonder what prompted that?
By Talkdownman
chevvron wrote:

UK AIP AD 2.17 REFERS

Hm after all these years; wonder what prompted that?

:wink:
By chrisbl
Am I just super sensitive in objecting to the Farnborough Controlled Airspace grab facilitating these lowlifes behaving as these seem to do.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rport.html

Its bad enough the class D grab, but while the authorities are stopping ordinary folk in the park, it seems if you have the money you can put two fingers up to the restrictions, with Farnborough Airport happy to take the money.
Stampe liked this
By Stampe
I think when the dust is settled given the magnificent performance of UK airlines and GA in grounding themselves that Farnborough and Biggin Hill managements and the Chief Constables of the police forces with Special Branch units resident at these airports are called to account for every single flight that has been allowed to operate.
Regards to all stay safe and Grounded Stampe
By oakworth
chrisbl wrote:Am I just super sensitive in objecting to the Farnborough Controlled Airspace grab facilitating these lowlifes behaving as these seem to do.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rport.html

Its bad enough the class D grab, but while the authorities are stopping ordinary folk in the park, it seems if you have the money you can put two fingers up to the restrictions, with Farnborough Airport happy to take the money.

There’s always a couple people willing to exploit situations. Wouldn’t hold it against Farnborough.
flybymike, Ben K liked this
By GonzoEGLL
I really don't know where to start. A flight from UK to France in a biz jet could have originated anywhere, Southampton, LHR, LGW, Stansted....Are you saying that airports should be policing the destinations of flights, passenger manifests and passenger travel histories?

If they'd flown out of LHR (our proportion of bizjet traffic rose in March) would that be LHR 'exploiting the situation'?

You guys do know I can go online and buy a flight to CDG for tomorrow, right? Or I could, if I had the money, even charter a bizjet? I might fall foul of the EU Travel ban if I couldn't convince the French authorities that I'm returning to my home in France, of course, but that's nothing to do with the airport from where I departed.
Tim Dawson, flybymike, oakworth and 3 others liked this
By oakworth
GonzoEGLL wrote:I really don't know where to start. A flight from UK to France in a biz jet could have originated anywhere, Southampton, LHR, LGW, Stansted....Are you saying that airports should be policing the destinations of flights, passenger manifests and passenger travel histories?

If they'd flown out of LHR (our proportion of bizjet traffic rose in March) would that be LHR 'exploiting the situation'?

You guys do know I can go online and buy a flight to CDG for tomorrow, right? Or I could, if I had the money, even charter a bizjet? I might fall foul of the EU Travel ban if I couldn't convince the French authorities that I'm returning to my home in France, of course, but that's nothing to do with the airport from where I departed.

For clarity, by ‘exploit the situation’ I was referring to the billionaires NOT the airport. For the reasons you stated.