Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Weatherman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hello,

You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows this weekend! I’d say it is a perfect one for gaining a few brownie points, or perhaps learn more about the weather? My Pilot’s Guide to Skew-T’s course in online now and lasts about 3-hours, so by Sunday evening you could be a master at forecasting your own cloud bases, tops, freezing levels, rain, showers and so much more, find out more here https://weatherschool.co.uk/pilots-guide-to-skew-ts/

If you are thinking of coming along to one of my face-to-face Weather Schools, I've announced a new date for Aviation Weather School (Part 1) of Saturday 16th May 2020 (apologies, all the others are full). There are three places remaining, they do fill up rather quickly. This is the perfect opportunity to build your confidence in your own ability to interpret the weather for your flying, and the official forecast you see. Find full details about Aviation Weather School and book your place now now at http://www.WeatherSchool.co.uk .

Remember too that Weatherweb Premium also as lots of weather wisdom and is continuing to grow with more pilots joining every week. There's stack of weather information, forecasts and learning to be found on the website and you can try Weatherweb Premium completely free at http://premium.weatherweb.net/become-a-member/

And don't forget youscan also receive these forecasts by email, just send a blank email to
aviationweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net

Have a great weekend,
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
==========================

Issued: 0900 hrs, Friday 14th February 2020

SATURDAY
----------------
After a fair and windy start, front will be rattling in from the west bringing rain, heavy at times and widespread storm force winds. Gusts of 70 to 80kts are expected in the west, 60 to 70kts inland. The focus for the strongest winds from Storm Dennis look set to be across England, Wales and Southern Ireland. Snow may affect the Highlands.
Little changes during the day, although winds do ease in Scotland. Note too that it will be evening before rain reaching the far southeast of England, but which time it will only be patchy. Staying windy here though.
Winds becoming SW 30-35kt (F8) but 40-50kt (F9-F10) over southern and western coasts of England and Wales. Nearer SW 35-40kt (F8-F9)in Ireland and eventually SW 30kt (F7-F8) in Scotland.

SUNDAY
———————
Staying wet and windy over Wales and central and Southern England as a front only very slowly clears to the south. Rain could be very heavy at times, but probably slowly clears into the late afternoon. A risk of flooding.
Brighter further north with some bright spells developing in Scotland in the afternoon, these affecting Northern Ireland too. However, there will be heavy showers here, some thundery.
Winds SW 35-40kt (F8-F9) in the southeast at first, more widely SW 28-35kt (F7-F8) but 35-40kt (F9) in western Scotland.

**ends**