Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
CloudHound wrote:
You can't undercut the industry like that and hope to get away with it.

Daily rates for consultants offering professional services are in the £1000-£1500 per day range plus VAT if they bill through a company.

Thanks TLR it's what I've been telling my clients. Now it's here in writing. I owe you :thumright:

I only charge £350 per day (that was the 'going rate' for extra days at work in addition to my rostered days) :twisted:
PeteSpencer wrote:I think I'll bung in a request for funding for Pilot Controlled Lighting at our airstrip...............

Peter :wink:

Its only an offer of advice Pete.
I think the best we could hope for is that they tell us where to go :wink:
PeteSpencer wrote:I think I'll bung in a request for funding for Pilot Controlled Lighting at our airstrip...............

Peter :wink:

Red wrote:Its only an offer of advice Pete.

Peter

If you employ me as a consultant (say, a couple of weeks at @Rob P 's rates) and ask me if you should have lights. I'll say yes and we can split the money.

Is that how being a consultant works?
ArthurG, flybymike, Stu B and 1 others liked this
This looks like £2m to fund an advice service - a bit of consultancy work for the friends of Boris with nothing in it for us and a fine source of "We did our best for them" puff with nothing tangible delivered.

If we were all to ask for advice on reducing controlled airspace size or enlarging choke points in order to increase traffic and revenue at small aerodromes, would there be the expertise available to provide any help?
Airfields eligible to apply for advice through the fund must be licensed (EASA, national regulations, GA national) or unlicensed and handling less than 200,000 terminal passengers per year.

Must be Licensed or Unlicensed Doh!! is there some in between status that we don't know about? :wall:
Sooty25 liked this
CloudHound wrote:Yes, the list excludes Certificated, Government or Military.

Ruling out certificated means EASA regulated aerodromes e g those with a runway 800m or longer, open to Commercial Air Transport with an Instrument Approach or Departure.

mischievous thought .. Plymouth currently is not 'Certificated, Government or Military', is not 'EASA Regulated', has no runway longer than 800m (except for 2 marked 'disused' in white paint), is not open to CAT, and has no currently validly promulgated Instrument Approach or Departure, and has no passenger footfall through its Terminal. Could the Owner (the Council) bid for some of thgis money to engage a suitable Consultant (and legal advice in support) who could explain how to get the Leaseholder to reopen the airport (or get out of the way) ? :wink:

[It struck me a while ago that the Leaseholder, a property company, has potentially very deep pockets to afford to wait and do nothing while retaining lawyers and consultants to enable this, until reopening seems impossible. The Council could never afford to match that budget for lawyers and consultants. However, Treasury Solicitor has effectively infinitely deep pockets .. :) ]