Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By romille
I have a strip of grass at home, it is, about 150 meters long orientated SW/NE with a 3 foot fence at either end. There is a slight down slope towards the SW. I would be able to turn onto it at fast taxi speed.
I have often wondered if there was anything that would get easily in and out of it other than a gyro. I weigh about 80kgs.
My requirements would be

Single seat
On a permit or SSDR
Reasonably small (for storage purposes)
Inexpensive to buy as it will be my second aircraft

Any thoughts
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sherwood Kub (not sure if this counts as inexpensive): https://www.g-tlac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Sherwood-KUB-flyer.pdf
Zigolo: for wind in the hair (and everywhere else)
By Lockhaven
There are quite a few STOL aircraft out there that would operate out of a 150m strip, however your price requirement would probably be the show stopper.
By Miscellaneous
Given the apparent error in the spec; Take off Roll = Take off Distance = Landing Roll I'd like a bit more reassurance on the performance of the Kub. :wink:
By Lockhaven
I quite like the look of the Sherwood Ranger which is claimed it can take-off and land in 100m, anyone have any experience of this aircraft.

By romille
Miscellaneous wrote:Given the apparent error in the spec; Take off Roll = Take off Distance = Landing Roll I'd like a bit more reassurance on the performance of the Kub. :wink:

The landing roll is less of a concern as the piece of land is part of a larger field, unfortunately the rest of the field is on too much of a slope to consider taking off from it but should be ok for landing.
By romille
seanxair wrote:Easy Raider might be ok if you can find one

Unfortunately there are only 10 on the register and I am not interested in building something.
I had wondered about the Escapade Kid but there are only two on the register.
By russp
Peebee or similar ? peabee.co.uk.flylight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Brochure-2019.pdf
By seanxair
romille wrote:I had wondered about the Escapade Kid but there are only two on the register.

One of which is owned by a forum member and now has a 582 engine. I'm told the performance is pretty exciting :D