Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Many years ago we had to have a word in Clacton aero club’s shell like to stop their unauthorised use of our strip which is 815 metres, but is surrounded by many noise sensitive areas, on their tail dragger course .
By Mike Charlie
A lovely Archer I toured around France in 2019 adding 16 hours to its log and mine met its end at Clacton last August. Not a take off accident but landing first two attempts were rightly thrown away. Third attempt having floated a goodly distance down runway 18 towards the sea ended with the hedge serving as an arrestor hook.

Hot day, lots of fuel, three on board it should have been doable. To do so (same for all shorter strips), air speed and touch down point has to be nailed, ignore at your peril. I have been into Clacton many times with an Archer and Cessna nice destination on a summers day
By hatzflyer
Clacton have had their fare share of bending aircraft over the years . I personally have pulled 3 aircraft of theirs out of the hedge at our strip ! :?