Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Picking up on a comment from Lefty in the Farnboro' CAS thread.
(perhaps to route west via Basingstoke or even request a Special through the London TMA (Ascot – Burnham – Thorpe).

I'll be flying into Denham from my strip due south of Gatwick a few times this year and so this route looks tantalising.

So, over the top of LGW to Dorking then OCK following the M25 to Thorpe keeping clear of WW, left a bit to Ascot and north to BUR then join via St Giles.

Wx and traffic permitting is that "do-able"?
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have flown over the top of Gatwick and through the Ascot-Burnham route.
Everything is doable, wx and traffic permitting.

See the guide on the London CTR Inner Area. More routes open up if you're a helicopter.
CloudHound wrote:following the M25 to Thorpe keeping clear of WW, left a bit to Ascot and north to BUR then join via St Giles.

Yes. And it’s a Control Zone, not a TMA. Request from Heathrow Radar 125.625
Talkdownman wrote:
CloudHound wrote:following the M25 to Thorpe keeping clear of WW, left a bit to Ascot and north to BUR then join via St Giles.

Yes. And it’s a Control Zone, not a TMA. Request from Heathrow Radar 125.625

Keeping clear of the Fairoaks ATZ/LFA of course; Fairoaks traffic may go as far east as the M25 south of Thorpe.
And you can request VFR clearance rather than SVFR if the weather is suitable.
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Weather permitting, that's a very do-able VFR route. Being based at Redhill, I do both halves of it frequently. Just be careful when exiting the Gatwick zone northbound as they often route you via Buckland VRP, which is a heavy traffic area for Redhill flights, and it's easy to "infringe" the Redhill ATZ.