Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
davef77 wrote:Does anyone know where to get a Clarity Aloft headset repaired - Ideally without sending it back to the USA?

Dave,
just spoke to (another) Dave, owner of Flackwell Electronics. He tells me that the CA electronics are built on one moulded PCB which means that they cannot be dissembled - so very little can be “repaired”.
If they are sent back to the US, they generally just replace it rather than repair it.

That said, Dave said he’d be happy to take a look to see if anything can be done (it might be a broken wire or similar). He’s also based at Waltham, so if you leave them in WLAC ops he can collect them. (I’m meeting him on Wednesday evening).
Alternatively, if you are not coming to Waltham in the next few days, you can post them to him.
By davef77
Lefty wrote:
davef77 wrote:Does anyone know where to get a Clarity Aloft headset repaired - Ideally without sending it back to the USA?

Dave,
just spoke to (another) Dave, owner of Flackwell Electronics. He tells me that the CA electronics are built on one moulded PCB which means that they cannot be dissembled - so very little can be “repaired”.
If they are sent back to the US, they generally just replace it rather than repair it.

Thanks for the help. Actually it looks like I live quite close to Dave I will call him tomorrow.